Chapter 6

****Zayn's POV****

I sat in the prison cell just staring at the wall. It still didn't seem real; I still waited for the day I'd wake up and be back at my old flat...with Niall. I flinched at the thought of seeing the hatred and fear in Niall's eyes the moment I shot him. I hadn't meant to shoot him, but that Liam kid made my blood boil and I shot at the first thing I could...which just happened to be Niall. 

"If you only knew," I whispered softly, looking down at my hands and watching them shake with fury. 

"FUCK!" I screamed at the thoughts of Liam sleeping around with the love of my life. I hastily wiped away the tears from my face and threw myself down on the "bed". Niall always told me he wasn't gay, but I always knew...he moaned way too much for me to ever consider he was straight. 

"Not now Harry," I said softly as I heard him clear his throat. I glanced up at the small crack in the wall which was the only gateway I had to speak with anyone besides the cops. Harry and I talked sometimes, but most of the time we were quiet. I rolled over and sighed as I drew little circles on the wall. 

"We don't know if either of them lived," Harry said quietly and I closed my eyes tightly. 

"You're not fucking helping," I growled at the thought of Niall having to die without me being by his side, me confessing my undying love for him and apologizing for treating him so roughly. I only treated him that way because Niall would've left if I hadn't threatened him and scared him to death, so I did what I had to. It didn't matter anyways, Niall owed me his life whether he liked it or not and he knew it. 

"I wonder how Lou's doing," Harry whispered and I groaned, knowing I wasn't going to get Harry to leave me alone regardless of what I did. 

"I'm sure he's fine," I mumbled, running my hand through my hair. I heard Harry sniffling and I sighed quietly. 

"At least you know your fucking lover IS ALIVE!" I screamed and I heard him say something, but I couldn't make it out. I figured it was finally the end of the conversation and I went back to troubling thoughts off Niall. 

"So where am I going to sleep?" Niall asked softly as he came into my bedroom and I swallowed hard. I'd only known the boy for a couple hours and I was already so attracted to him. 

"You can sleep..uh..in here," I offered and I watched as his face frowned for a second before he shrugged and shook his head. 

"Oh, nah that's okay. I'll just sleep out on the couch," he said with a small smile, but I found nothing funny or nice about it. 

"Why? Why not here? I just offered you my room and bed and you opt for a couch?" I said with a little growl to it. Fear registered in Niall's eyes and he looked around nervously as he chewed on his lip before he shfited uncomfortably. He cleared his throat and awkwardly made his way over to the bed and slowly climbed in as I tried to focus on my TV. 

"T-thanks," Niall whimpered quietly and I looked at him and nodded. 

"Of course," I said, trying extremely hard not to roll on top of him and makeout with him like crazy...I would save that for another night after we'd warmed up to each other a bit. 

"Thank you for letting me stay with you...it means a lot," Niall whispered as I turned off the TV and snuggled under the blankets. My urges nearly got the best of me, but I held it in and nodded in the darkness. 

"No problem," I said before I tried to go to sleep, but I couldn't. After two hours, I got out of bed and went into the living room where Harry was sitting on the couch watching some movie. I sat next to him and he frowned at me and I shook my head.