27- Invites

"He's grown so much already. How is that possible after two months? He already looks like some 1-year-old!" Skyler exclaims, as she holds her brother and ruffles through his thick, brown curls. The toddler giggles and makes Skyler almost explode with pride.

"Sky, he's turning one at December 21... so actually, he's quite normal looking for his age." Jane says, chuckling a little. Suddenly, the door of the room bursts open and three men and a woman come in.

"My friends, what are you doing here? We're having a little family time!" Thor asks surprised, one eyebrow raised.

"We heard Princess Skyler returned!" Volstagg answers.

"We actually..." Sif starts questionably.

"Wanted to ask if it might... perhaps be possible if..." Fandral resumes.

"She could train with us tomorrow morning?" Hogun finishes.

"Oh, I really would've loved that, but I can only be here for tonight. I have friends to explain myself to." Skyler answers, smiling to the four Asgardians.

"Friends, Sky? Or do you have a new boyfriend again?" Loki says, as he leans against the doorpost of the room, Frigga, Odin and Hel walking in too. Skyler narrows her eyes at him.

"Boyfriends already, Skyler? You're starting to act like your father." Frigga scolds, folding her arms to her chest.

"Loki Odinson, I'm going to have such a good trick on you, one day, that you won't be able to leave the palace for the next century." Skyler hisses under her breath. She looks up to her mother, grandmother and the others, who clearly all didn't know about her, having a boyfriend.

"There's no new boyfriend! I swear to Merlin! There's no boyfriend. I'm not the kid having a relationship right now!" Skyler exclaims, holding her hands up.

"What do you mean with – Hel! Do you have a relationship with a dead man?!" Loki asks protectively, turning around to face his daughter.

"Like I'd want a relationship with a dead man. The relationship I have, is with a living person." Hel says, holding her chin up high.

"But, my dear niece, there are no living men in Valhalla." Thor asks confused, not realising that he gave all the others a hint. Skyler face palms and groans.

"Oh, Hel. How wonderful! It's about time that this culture gets some looser in traditions." Frigga says, embracing her oldest grandchild.

"I know, right? It's so beautiful!" Skyler chirps happily. Loki gasps offendedly, holding one hand on his heart.

"You knew? Hel. Why did you tell her first? Why did she tell you first?" Loki babbles utterly confused but proud.

"Maybe because I'm in the same situation if I ever want to present a boyfriend? Or maybe because she's a little scared for judgement, for the mind of the people here is a little... less big than the minds of the people on Earth, if we talk about sexuality." Skyler answers matter-of-factly. Loki thinks about it for a second, but then nods.

"I give you that. But did you just admit that there is a boyfriend?" He says, his eyes narrowing. Everyone starts to ask questions all at once again.

"There is no boyfriend!" Skyler exclaims. "You guys know what? You can come to the First Task of the Triwizard Tournament and see if I am lying or not! Have a good night, I need to get back to Earth!" Skyler says, as she walks out of the room with her hands up. Before running back in and hugging her mother, father, uncle, niece, grandmother, grandfather and brother tightly. She says goodbye to the Warriors Three and Lady Sif and teleports back to Heimdall, who sends her home.

∞∞∞

"Oh, my, Merlin! How did you do it?!" Pansy exclaims, as she sees Skyler walk into the girls' dormitory.

"I didn't! Some Asgardian psychopath who wants the entire line of Odin – adopted family members included – dead, signed me up!" Skyler yells back, before burying her head into her green pillow.

"That's just awful. Everyone in school thinks that you've acted like you hated the tournament to be left alone, so you could find a way to sign yourself up." Daphne Greengrass says softly. Skyler raises an eyebrow at her. That is the first time in her entire school carrier that Daphne said something to her.

"Well, then most students here are even more stupid than I thought. After New York, I'd never want to experience any kind of war, tournament, or anything like that, ever again. But – and you can tell everyone I said this – if people want to see how I win, they can get it. 'Cause I'm in, and Gods, in also means that I'm going to win!"

________

I hope you liked it. See you next time. Please, tell me what you think about it. And, please, give me a clue on who should take Skyler to the ball. I already have three or four candidates, and I'm going to give you one: Anatoli Krum. But... no. that's too much like Hermione. What if Thor just came down and took the first dance with her? Or what if Skyler doesn't have a date at all because she just declines everyone. And then she takes one of her friends as her dance partner to the first dance and then, she's just going to make some other guys' hearts beat faster by breaking them later? Please, please, please... help me. I really need your help with this thing, because I have no clue. -Thank you guys so much for reading! x