24 - now it all turns to shit

"It's late... why aren't you going to sleep, Sky?" Draco asks his girlfriend, looking down at her figure that rests on his shoulder. He chuckles, "Great, you're already asleep."

The others are in bed already, Skyler just didn't want to go when Daphne and Pansy went in.

Draco carefully takes a blanket from his side of the couch, before putting it over her. He places a soft kiss on her temple, then he lifts her up and carries her to the girls' dorm. Draco puts her on her bed and stares at her for a while... Skyler looks so innocent, so carefree when she's asleep. It makes Draco forget about what horrors she has already been through, it makes him forget the horrors he will go through.

Another kiss on her temple, whispering three little words to her sleeping face, as he leaves the girls' dormitory and walks to his own.

∞∞∞

Dark plains...

No stars...

Skyler looks upon a huge crystal ball of clouds... 

The prophecy. 

The Downfall of Odin...

Skyler jolts awake but doesn't scream. It's way too early in the morning... within a few hours the sun will start to rise. The other girls are still sound asleep, and Skyler believes that Tracy Davies is definitely the one who's snoring. Wait a second. How did she get into her own bed?

The last thing Skyler remembers from last night, is that she fell asleep on Draco's shoulder, as they were both watching the flames in the hearth. Skyler can't remember the last time she slept without a nightmare... yet tonight, she realises, she had.

The dream she had last night, isn't a nightmare... it's a reminder of something that is still in her possession.

Skyler dresses herself in her work-out clothing. A mint-green sweater with a dark green legging, lastly, she puts on her white running shoes. Skyler puts her blond hair in a ponytail and looks at her reflection in the mirror of the bathroom.

Kelly's tattoo is slightly visible, she realises as she scans her outfit thoroughly. She's proud to have it, though. It's a constant reminder of how loyal and brave a pet can be... Skyler loves it, just as she loved Kelly.

'Wouldn't it be better if you took a quick look at the prophecy? Maybe it is very important. Let's not forget that it's about your grandfather, and Urikson has it too.'

Skyler curses that tiny voice in the back of her head that always tells her to do the boring, rightful, mature things... Ugh.

She puts her black backpack on her bed and takes out her wand, "Accio prophecy," and the small globe of clouds flies into her hands. Skyler looks at it, before a foreign voice starts to speak in her mind:

'When a motherless seventeen-year-old princess finds her end,

The king of Asgard will for the last time stand.

Upon Odin's passing it will be, when the universe's greatest power reincarnates and roams free,

Free for anyone to take, if only they know the curse even death cannot break.'

Well, whoever foresaw this, surely made a good rhyme out of it, Skyler thinks with a chuckle. She puts the prophecy back in her backpack and leaves the dormitory, going for a run on the Hogwarts grounds.

The cold air fills her lungs and Skyler smiles as she runs twice as fast as an average human girl of her age. She doesn't understand how she suddenly runs this fast, or why the world suddenly looks brighter and clearer to her vision, but she loves it.

Whilst running, Skyler's brains start mulling over the words of the prophecy. What the hell do those words mean?

"Ugh, why are these things never clear?" She grumbles under her breath, continuing her run around the Black Lake.

After a while, she decides to sit down on a rock near the Lake, throwing small stones in the water. Skyler starts to ponder over the prophecy once more, her brain repeating it over and over, but not paying much attention to what the sentences actually say.

"When a motherless seventeen-year-old princess finds her end... the king of Asgard will for the last time stand. Upon Odin's passing it will be, when the universe's greatest power reincarnates and roams free..." Skyler mumbles out loud. What could those words mean?

∞∞∞

"I see you went running," Theo states when Skyler sits down between him and Draco. Skyler notices that many Slytherins are looking down casted and sad.

"Good morning," Skyler grumbles, "any of you interested in solving a riddle?" she offers her friends.

"Always!" Blaise and Daphne say in unison, glancing at each other weirdly.

Skyler chuckles and summons a piece of paper and a pen, writing down the entire prophecy and handing it to her two friends.

Blaise reads it carefully, as does Daphne, but she gives up after a while, saying that she doesn't understand it. Blaise, however, easily understands what the prophecy is saying.

"Someone's going after your mother, Sky," Blaise says carefully, "and from how it's stated here... you don't have long..."

_____

I remember that I did some kind of prediction in the comments a while ago... well, I'm sorry for keeping the promises, people. xx