5- I wouldn't go to hell

The cold atmosphere of the Hogwarts grounds makes Skyler shiver in delight. It's eight in the morning, and the classes are about to start. Smirking, Skyler enters the castle, up to Dumbledore's office.

Decided, Skyler has, that she won't sleep at the castle this year. At least, not in the Slytherin dorms. She'd wear the uniform of her house, she'd gain house points, but never this year, would she step inside the dormitory of those who betrayed her.

"Come in." The calm voice of Albus Dumbledore says as Skyler knocks on the door.

"Professor." Skyler greets, eyeing the office. Nothing has changed since the last time she came here, what must have been two years ago. Skyler looks at Dumbledore, who looks quite surprised.

"Ms. Foster! What a surprise, we thought you wouldn't return to Hogwarts, considering that we didn't see you at the Feast." The man says, his voice joyed.

"I'm sorry for my late entrance, professor, but I had some business in America. Anyway, I'd like to discuss something with you..."

"Ask away, Skyler, I'm sure we'll come to an arrangement." Dumbledore insists. Skyler inhales.

"Professor, I'd really like to be educated at Hogwarts, but I can't sleep and study in a place where everyone hates me." She says, looking at Dumbledore intensely. "I already have a place to stay. My mother still lives in London. I can teleport to Hogwarts every morning, just... please, don't make me stay in a dormitory where everyone hates me..."

Professor Dumbledore nods in understanding, rising from his seat. His hands are set on his desk and he looks like a Muggle principle for a moment. "I think that it could work. But only this year, and I'd advise you to try making a few friends in your house, considering that you'll have classes with them the entire year." Dumbledore smiled, the familiar twinkle in his eyes.

"I believe this..." He waved his wand, "Is your timetable. You start with Transfiguration, and professor McGonagall is aware that you're alive, so it won't be such a shock for everyone." Slowly, for a bit confused by his words, Skyler nods, she turns around and heads for the door.

"Oh, and Skyler..."

"Yes, professor?"

"I already have something for you here." Dumbledore walks up to her and holds up a badge. A Prefect one. "Congratulations are in order. But that's not it... I have a mission for you. For the Order. We have a new professor for Defence Against the Dark Arts. Dolores Umbridge. I, personally, think she is a horrible woman, but the Ministry didn't leave me any choice. I want you to keep close to her and 'befriend' her. Try to win her trust and even agree with her on some points, mostly against myself. A spy in her trust, that's what I ask of you."

"I won't let you down, professor. She'll be putty in my hands." Skyler says, as she smirks. She and Dumbledore shake hands and Skyler puts her badge on her robes.

∞∞∞

"So, as I was saying, this year will be the hardest year you'll ever experience. You'll have to pass your exams, O.W. Ls..." Skyler hears professor McGonagall bark from the corridor.

Smirking, Skyler checks her looks, rising from the dead again, that's something where you need to look great for. When she's all set, Skyler dramatically opens both doors to the classroom, causing the entire class to turn around and look.

Skyler sees so many familiar faces she'd want to smile to, but all of them betrayed her. Some more than others. Smirking widely, Skyler sits down next to Hermione and Harry, who both smirk back.

"Ms. Foster, glad to have you back." McGonagall says, a small smile on her features.

"I'm glad to be back too, professor." Skyler says, as the woman starts the class again.

∞∞∞

As it's lunch, Skyler walks through the halls of her favourite castle. She's dreaming away, looking at the clouds as tears shimmer in her eyes. 'Cedric could've lived...' She scolds herself in her head. 'If I'd been there sooner...'

Over the entire summer, Skyler's blamed herself for Cedric Diggory's dead. He could've lived... hell, he could've been happy with Cho Chang and not... dead.

Suddenly, Skyler feels a strong tug at the hood of her robes and is pushed against the wall. Angered and emotional, Skyler looks up in the eyes of her willing victim. She looks up into eyes she'd always found comfort in, and into two other pairs that never really mattered. She looks at Draco Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle.

"Malfoy." She says coldly, her tone sharp and warningly. Skyler wants all but hurt him...

"You're alive?!" Malfoy hisses, his tone betraying hurt and confusion.

"Well, either that or you're dead too... wait, yes, I'm alive, for if I was dead, I probably wouldn't go to hell." Skyler remarks sarcastically, before shoving Malfoy away, punching both Crabbe and Goyle in the guts. "Stay away from me, Malfoy, or you'll get hurt. Tell that to all of them. Come close, and I'll kill you."

______

I don't really think Skyler can deal well with a broken heart... -x