38- Hate

"Well, how was the remaining part of your holiday?" Skyler asks her friend when she sees him walk into their department in the Hogwarts Express. Blaise shrugs.

"I guess you can say that it was nice, only..." His voice trails off, looking into Skyler's eyes, although Skyler doesn't look back, she's searching for the others.

"Where are the others, Blaise?" Skyler asks softly, a small hint of worry in her voice.

"Well, Sky... you know about those articles that Skeeter wrote about you?" Blaise starts awkwardly, shifting back and forth on his heels, his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"Of course, I know! The damn woman doesn't leave me alone!" Skyler replies, angrily, "Now get on with it, Blaise, I won't bite."

"Well, you have to know... I'm just the messenger." Blaise takes a deep breath, looking up at Skyler's eyes once again. "Skyler, their parents were furious when we got back. My mom and Narcissa weren't, they're a little more flexible, but they played with the act. Sky... I'm so sorry, but when Skeeter marked you as a Muggleborn, their parents went bizarre, they aren't allowed to talk to you, nor come near you anymore. My mother has told me that she prefers to keep distance. We'll all be disowned if we keep hanging out with you. Here, I needed to give you these, the others wrote their 'goodbyes' as you could say it." He says, handing her a few envelopes, all with different seals.

Skyler feels her heart crumble in her chest. She's fuming, raging. It's like a storm that hosts inside her. Skyler can't help it, but a threatening growl escapes from her throat.

"You know what, Zabini? I always like to injure the messenger, want to know why? It sends a message. Tell them that they can all suck it up! If your parents are such imbeciles to act like this, fine. But don't come back at me when they change their minds. I won't be there anymore. I'll rip your heads off, if you only dare to apologise." She threatens, her face cold and her eyes sending fire. "And tell Draco that we're done. For good."

With that, Skyler punches Blaise right on his nose, knowing that it's probably broken. She shoves him out of the department, closing the door after. With one last look of regret, Skyler closes the curtains as well.

∞∞∞

Skyler skips dinner that night, closing the green curtains around her four-poster bed. After crying her eyes out, she finally tries to find her sleep.

"Skyler?" A soft voice says, opening the curtains of her bed. Daphne Greengrass looks inside, her face wearing a little smile and her brown eyes have a soft expression.

"Just go away. I get it: no one in this house is allowed to talk to me anymore. All because that hag of a Skeeter wrote a lie about me." Skyler sobs. Daphne gasps, taking place on her bed and closing the curtains again. She mutters a silencing charm and looks back at Skyler.

"So that's what happened? Tracy and I were already wondering why Draco looked so down, why Pansy's eyes were puffy..."

"Please, cut the bullshit. They are cowards, all because they're afraid to lose their status. Like that's all that matters!" Skyler exclaims, interrupting her roommate. Daphne is silent for a while, biting her bottom lip.

"It isn't easy at all, to grow up like us, you know?" She says quietly. Skyler scoffs and raises an eyebrow at her.

"Please, all of you are rich, live in the finest houses and most of you are not only good-looking, but intelligent as well."

"That's one thing. But if you weren't a product of love, how happy would you be?" Daphne states. "Would you be able to enjoy all those luxuries, if no one looks at you? When it's only your siblings or friends that love you? Because that's what all of us Purebloods are, Sky. We're created to keep our bloodlines pure, we all are forced to marry another Pureblood, just to make sure that we honour our ancestors."