9.

Most children in the class are struggling... Professor Slughorn has given the class an assignment in pairs. Skyler is currently standing next to Draco, their eyes often meeting in combination with soft smiles.

The potion given is a hard one, Skyler discovered. It's a potion that's meant to tell you who you'll end up with in the end... As in: who is your true love? Excited to know the conclusion, most of the girls are eagerly mixing the ingredients and giggling whilst doing so.

Skyler, however, doesn't like the assignment. What if she would get a conclusion, she doesn't like at all? Besides, the future must stay in the future... there is no use of knowing who you end up with at all. So, what if you already knew the scents that would rise from the cauldron? What if you hated that person at this moment? A lot of this could happen in the future... A lot of things could change.

"I guess you think this assignment as useless as me?" Theo's voice snaps her out of her thoughts, and Skyler nods.

"Yes," she answers, eyeing Draco, who is busy with the potion as well – some boys are eager to learn their future love as well. "A lot could happen in the future, Theo. I don't want to know what, because if you prepare yourself for pain; you'll never enjoy life again."

Theo's eyebrows raise, and worry fills the brown orbs that are staring at her intently. "Sky, don't act as if your future will hold nothing but pain... I'm sure everything will be alright. No, I promise you everything will be alright eventually." His vowing words make her smile slightly, and Skyler returns to her potion with Draco.

∞∞∞

"This potion is almost perfect, Mr. Malfoy, Ms. Foster. Look, class, this is how teamwork works!" The professor's enthusiasm doesn't seem to please the girl next to him, though. Skyler's face is impenetrable to everyone.

"Well, everyone," the professor exclaims, "write down whatever you smell and reason why it smells that way." The bell goes off and everyone gets up. Last class of the day. And it is beautiful weather outside for this time of the year... a little snow and some green spots here and there.

"Hey," Skyler speaks up next from him, "What do you think about joining me for a Butterbeer to the Three Broomsticks?" Draco tries to shake the gloomy feeling from him and nods his head.

"Sure, I'll just have to take my bag to my dorm and drop it there." He kisses her cheek and turns around to the Slytherin dorms. Taking the long road, he sees the Bathroom of Moaning Myrtle. Draco walks in and drops to his knees in desperation and pain...

He didn't smell anything.

If he wouldn't end up with anyone, what would that mean? In a moment of pure agony, Draco lunges toward a mirror and smashes it, not caring for the bloodstains on the shattered glass.

Taking out his wand, Draco mutters a healing spell for his fist and hurries himself to the library. There must be a book with an answer to this.

Arriving at the library, Draco takes out his wand again and uses an Accioto find all books on Destimortentia, as the potion is called.

∞∞∞

She has been waiting for him for over fifteen minutes now – not counting the time she took to get her bag to her dorm and take out her mittens and scarf for the weather outside... Draco was usually never this late.

Biting her bottom lip, Skyler starts to wander around the entire school, which is almost empty as the early train to Hogsmeade already left. Smiling to a few first years, someone tugs on her sleeve when she passes.