24- Prayers Ignored

"Viktor Krum!" Dumbledore announces, and cheering erupts from the crowd. Viktor Krum walks up to the Headmaster. He's pointed to go to the small door at the end of the Hall. Skyler cheers with her friends, but looks at Anatoli, the guy looks pretty torn.

"Are you OK?" Skyler whispers in his ear, leaning forward to the row in front of her.

"I'm fine, just... worried and a little defeated." Anatoli answers, acting distant and uninterested.

"The champion of Beauxbatons is... Fleur Delacour!" Dumbledore continues, and a gorgeous girl rises from one of the seven tables that are standing in the Great Hall. Fleur Delacour curtsies towards Dumbledore and follows Krum through the small door.

The Hall silences again, and for one more time, for The Goblet of Fire is about to spit out the last name. The name of Hogwarts' champion. The fire in the goblet lights up pink once more, before spitting out a piece of paper.

"The Hogwarts' champion is... Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore announces, not knowing what kind of impact those last two words have on Skyler. She doesn't cheer, she doesn't applaud, she stays in her seat, frozen. Cedric's eyes find hers and she manages to let an encouraging smile appear on her face.

'I'm proud of you...' She says in his head, nodding towards him. A brief second later, Cedric walks up to the small door too.

"Now, we have our three champions! But in the end, only one of them will go down in history as the one who won: The Triwizard Cup!" Dumbledore says, revealing a beautiful cup, made of glass and silver. 

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

That's the exact moment the Goblet of Fire is turning pink again. 'I'm not going to say this out loud: but I told you...' Skyler thinks, knowing that this is the thing that goes wrong after all. The Goblet of Fire spits out another name. Dumbledore mumbles it first, before shouting it out loud.

"HARRY POTTER!"

Skyler's eyes widen, and she shakes her head. 'Harry would never put his life- never mind, Harry managed to put his name in the Goblet of Fire, of course he wouldn't go an adventure out of the way.' She thinks. A very confused Harry, walks up to Dumbledore, taking the paper with his name as he walks to the small door, where all the others had disappeared to too.

"He's a cheat!" Is one of the most called insults, as Harry slowly walks to the door, utterly confused and visually scared. When he disappears, Dumbledore nods to the teachers.

"Students, go to your dormitories or residences, we teachers need to..." Dumbledore is interrupted by the sound of a flash flame. The Goblet of Fire lights up again, but this time... the flames are a mix of green and orange. Skyler recognises the familiar patterns it makes. She gasps softly.

"No... T-that's Asgardian Magic... impossible!" She whispers to herself, no one hearing her. After ten seconds, the goblet finally spits out a fifth name. Dumbledore observes it carefully and worriedly, before calling out a thing Skyler never wanted:

"SKYLER FOSTER!"

_______

I did it... I put her into the tournament. There will be some things revealed in the next chapter... - lots of love