Chapter 30

Anna POV

"What? You were at the mall? I asked"

"Of course I was. Is there any reason why you didn't pick my calls? He asked again.

I got home thirty minutes ago. I was surprised to meet Mark at home. I met him in the living room watching football.

"I was at the city mall looking for you. I called you severally and you refused to pick your damn calls. May I know why?" He asked looking furious.

The truth is, I didn't see his calls until later. I refused to call him back because I was still upset with him. I had no idea he was at the mall. Did he see me with Rex? Is that why he is angry? How did he know where I was?

"I didn't see your calls until later." I said not paying attention to him.

"And you couldn't call back when you saw my missed calls?" He asked again.

At this time I was already getting irritated. The same person that walked out on me because I was asking him where he was going to, now feels he can question me on where I went to.

"Pls stop questioning me! I was in an impromptu meeting and I didn't see your calls until later"

"Impromptu meeting at the mall? Huh?"

"How come you know where to find me? Who told you I was at the city mall?" I asked.

He gave a shocked look. Like he wasn't expecting me to ask him that question. He quickly opened his phone and kept it on his ear. I was sure he was trying to avoid that question.

I moved close to him and stood right in front of him. I asked him the question again.

"How did you know where to find me Mark?"

"Really! Like it's hard to find people this days." He answered.

My heart skipped. What does he mean. Did someone see me with Rex and told him where I was? I decided not to push it any further. If he is not ready to ask me who Rex is, I won't put words in his mouth either.

I left his front and went straight to the room. I had my bath and lay in bed. After so many hours, Mark decided to enter the room.

I covered my face with blanket after he jumped on the bed. I shifted my body to the extreme end of the bed.

We were both silent until I started hearing him snore. I can't believe he slept without trying to settle things between us.

I wanted to wake him and talk things out between us but I decided against it. I can't always be the one doing that. If he is going to act like all is well between us, then I'm ready as well.

Ever since I moved into Mark apartment, it's been one problem or the other. The major problem is that he is never around.

I thought about my time with Rex today. It was really amazing. I had a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to hanging out with him again. He is such an amazing guy with a great personality. He doesn't even hide his feelings from me. He knows I'm in a committed relationship, but that doesn't stop him from showing his feelings towards me.

I like the fact that he is a good listener. I told him a lot about Mark and how amazing he is. I even told him about my misunderstanding with Mark, he advices me not to push him and allow him come around himself.

The fact that he wants a relationship with me and still gives me good advice on my relationship with Mark makes me like him the more.  He told me about his parents and his twin brother. He told me about his struggles till he met his friend who introduced him into being a car dealer.

Mark changed his sleeping position and stopped snoring. I took the blanket I used in covering myself and covered him.

I know I have to tell Mark about my friendship with Rex , but now isn't the right time considering the fact that we are not good terms

Next Day

I woke up to the smell of French toast and fresh orange juice. I opened my eyes and saw Mark sitting beside me on the bed. He was putting on a white short and an armless white top.

"Good morning beauty" Mark said

"Good morning" I said as i raised my back and leaned on the pillow. I looked around and saw it was already bright. I brought my attention back to the plate of food in front of me.

"What are we celebrating?" I asked

"Love. We celebrating love." He said .

"Babe, I'm sorry for everything and I regret walking out on you yesterday. I know have been distant lately and I'm deeply sorry. I promise to always find time for you and not let work come in between us . Mark said

I was dumbfounded. I wasn't expecting this. I wasn't expecting him to apologize, at least not too soon. Rex was right when he said Mark will come around.

I was so happy deep down. I couldn't hide my happiness. I shifted the food tray aside and hugged him.

"Thank you for always trying to make me happy" I whispered into his ear.

"I love you baby" He said

I smiled again. I dragged the toast to my direction and started eating it. Mark sure knows how to make me happy. I sipped the juice right in front of me.

" I had a feeling you were at the mall yesterday. I came looking for you and saw your car where it was parked, but I got chased by the crowd."  He said

"And you took off?" I laughed

" you should be used to crowd hovering around you by now baby, you are a multimillionaire son, you should get used to that honey." I told him .