Chapter 22

One month later
Rex POV

This is the third time I will be at this restaurant waiting for Anna to show up. My guy smith told me this is the only place she have her lunch.

I was siting very close to the door as usual, so I'll be able to see her when she walks in.

Her lunch break is 1:00pm to 2:00pm and it's is 1:30pm already. I already lost hope. I don't think she is coming for lunch today.

I gathered my phones, car keys and newspaper That i kept on the table in the restaurant. I stood up and decided to leave.

I was about taking a step when I saw her walking towards the entrance. I took my sit back and composed myself.

She entered and sat opposite me. She was facing me directly. I observed her as she was taking her orders.

She is calm and collected. She is an epitome of beauty. She was wearing a blue dress and parked her hair up. She look like she was sent from heaven. Her skin was glowing like that of an angel. I couldn't stop looking at her.

Her attention was on her phone. I checked my time and realized I have just few minutes to make my move.

I stood up and went to her table.

"Can I sit?" I asked her

"Sure you can" She answered without looking at me.

"Here is your order ma'am" the waiter told her as he dropped the food on the table.

"Thank you very much Chris" she said and smiled at the waiter.

"Today must be a very lucky day for me miss

"Today must be a very lucky day for me miss. I never thought I will eventually have the courage to come meet you one day." I said

She looked at me as she took a bite of the burger in her hands. She gave out something I'll like to call a fake smile.

I continued. "Have been watching you close to a month now. I always sit at that extreme end." I pointed to an empty seat opposite her. I know this is your favorite place to sit."

Am always eager to come eat everyday because I want to see your pretty face."

I smiled At the end of my speech, still this girl didn't say a word.

"I noticed you have not been coming lately. For three days now, you didn't come for lunch. Why? If I may ask?"

She looked at me again and this time she finally spoke.

"Are you serious? You noticed have not been coming for lunch? What a crush? She said smiling.

I must confess, her smiles are the most beautiful smile have ever seen. Everything about this girl is just perfect. Her white teeth are shinning like diamonds.

"Yes, if I had your number, I would have called to ask what was wrong. I was tempted to come check on you at your place of work." I said as I sip the coffee I ordered few minutes ago.

"My place of work? You know where I work?" She asked me with great surprise.

"Of course I do! Errr, there was a time I followed you to work. I'm very  sorry! I know it's wrong to stalk but trust me, I'm  your die hard fan."

She burst into laugh as if she was been tickled.she cleaned her hand with the napkin beside her plate.

"It's nice to meet you Mr... she looked at me waiting for response.

"Rex. My name is Rex. Nice to meet you Anna."

"Okay! This is creepy! How on earth do you know my name?" She asked me with great surprise written all over her face.

"I did my homework." I smiled at her. Can I have your number? Hope am not been forward?"

"Sure you can!" She gave me her business card " the number at the extreme end. I have to go!" She picked her bag and left.

"Not that bad" I said as I smiled at my achievement.i stepped out of the restaurant after she left. I made a call through to Hayley to check up on her.

Anna POV
I can't stop thinking about the Rex guy. I never knew someone like that exist. I started blushing remembering the fact that he has a big crush on me.

He is handsome I must confess. He is the opposite of Mark. Rex is dark and has a muscular body. I'm sure he doesn't joke with his gym classes.

Thinking of Mark, ever since we had that fight, things have been different between us. He want us to have dinner tonight, And I refused. I can't even remember the last time we saw each other. I just had to give him that space. I needed the space to clear my mind.

The hurt and betrayal is just too big for me. I just hope I'm not over reacting. I mean it's one month already. What else do I want? Except I'm ready to loose him? I know it's hard but I just have to try and forgive him. One month is enough space already.

As soon as I got back to the office, I texted Mark and told him I'll be ready by 8pm. He replied almost immediately with a dancing smiley.

I looked at my table which was filled with untreated files. Sometimes I wonder where Harry get this work from.

I honestly prefer the old Harry. Interrupting my thought, The receptionist came to my office and told me have an impromptu board meeting by 4pm.

"Oh no!" What could be that important. I just hope we finish on time.

Mark POV
Anna text entered and my heart started beating fast. I was too scared to open it.It's been a month after we had that fight, She didn't call nor text me. I have always been the one calling. I have begged and begged, I sent her different type of gifts but she just didn't care.

I'm certain this particular text message is to break up with me. I even asked her for dinner tonight, she refused. I gathered all the courage needed and opened the text message.

"I'll be ready by 8pm" that was the content of her text. I was too excited. I immediately sent her a dancing smiley.

I started smiling like a goat. Maybe she plan on ending things with you over dinner, an evil thought crossed my mind. I stopped smiling immediately. I hope not, I just hope not.

I stoop up from the sofa I was sitting and started pacing around. I love Anna too damn much. Loosing her will be the end of me. 

I kicked the sofa so hard that my leg hurt. "Awww" I screamed like a baby. I am going to find and kill that Barbie doll bastard. She caused all this.