Chapter 31

Leo POV
After my visit to my brother house, I couldn't stop thinking about his maid.

She is an epitome of beauty. She's respectful and calm. She said she's just twenty three years.

How I wish she's right here with me. I want to get to know all about her.

I picked my car keys and headed to my brothers house.

This time he was the only one at home. I asked of Olivia and he told me she left already.

I also asked about his maid. She's the only reason I came here in the first place.

I was hurt and disappointed when Kent told me she isn't on duty.

'Oh! I said

"Why are you so bothered about Alicia ?" Kent asked

"Her name is Alicia? I asked Kent again.

"Yes her name is Alicia." My brother replied

"When will she be on duty again?" I asked him

" in three months time" he replied me looking furious.

" what do you want with her? He asked keeping a straight face

"I like her! Nothing more'

Kent started laughing.........

" You like my maid? Huh? He asked standing up to adjust his joggers.

"I didn't reply him." I watched him adjust his trousers.

"She is coming tomorrow. He added.

"I'll be here tomorrow, I told my brother as I stood up to leave

**********

Kent POV
After Leo left, I went to my room. I couldn't stop thinking about what he said about liking my maid.

Was he serious? Leo jones like a maid?

Leo was a very spoilt brat while we were young. He hated anything maid. He like to send them on errands but he hate them beside him.
He doesn't even keep there names at heart.

He only said he likes her. Why am I overthinking this?  I asked myself.

I decided to lay my back on the bed when an unknown number called me.

I was reluctant to pick the unknown call, but I did anyway.

Hello! I said through the phone

Good afternoon sir. The voice replied.

The voice was soothing and calm. I couldn't place the voice with any voice have heard before.

Sir, this is Alicia Eric, one of your maids sir.  I'm sorry for calling you directly, I should have called the chief maid instead. She continued.

Hello sir! Are you there? She asked.

It was then I realized I wasn't listening to her. I was carried away with her voice.

Her voice sent sensation down my spine. I felt cool with myself listening to her voice.

Hello sir! She repeated herself.

I can hear you! I said

Ok sir! I just wanted to tell you, I won't be resuming tomorrow sir. 

My grandma is not feeling  fine and I'm all she got. I'll be moving in with her in the next town sir.

I'm so sorry for the short notice sir. I hope you forgive me and will accept me when I come back as I don't know how long it will take me. She concluded.

What do you say your name is again? I asked

Alicia sir! She responded almost immediately

Okay! Alicia. You are welcomed here anytime. Do take care of your grandma and send my regards to her. I said

I will sir. Thank you for your audience. She said

She was about to drop the call when I asked if the number she used in calling was her personal line and she told me it was.

After I ended the call with Alicia, I became restless. I didn't know how I was feeling anymore.

A part of me just want to have her talking to me much longer. Have never heard her speak before.

She was always reserved. She hardly talks or even come near me.

I started having weird feelings for her. Her beautiful face started clouding my memory.

I quickly stood up from the bed and went to the bathroom to pour water on my head.

What is wrong with me? I asked myself

Isn't this Alicia the same girl my brother likes?

I better take her off my memory. I said to myself.

*************
Alicia POV
I hope I didn't pass my boundary? I asked myself

I didn't want to call him. It was the chief maid that told me to call him, if I still want to be able to come back to my job.

He sounded like I was disturbing him. I could swear he didn't listen to me.

What have I done? I began to panic.

You didn't do anything wrong. I replied myself.

I dropped the phone I was holding on the table and went to park my loads.

Ever since my mother died, have been the one taking care of granny. I had to quit my schooling when she was been diagnosed of  lung cancer.

Her sickness was what turned me into a maid in Kent house. That was the only way I could raise money to take care of her and her hospital bills.

I was always shuffling between Australia and New Zealand every week. Granny stays in Australia while I work in New Zealand.

I was already packing my bags for tomorrow shift when granny neighbor called me to inform me about my granny health.

I was told she's been admitted and my presence is urgently needed.

I started thinking about how she took care of me even after she lost her daughter.

My mum died of lung cancer too. She died two years ago.  Her case was already very bad before she went to the hospital. There was no hope for her.

When granny was diagnosed of  lung cancer a year after my mum died, that moment, I knew I was going to die of lung cancer too, since it runs in the family.  The one fact date and time is what i didn't know.

I quickly pushed my thoughts to the back of my mind. I picked my luggage from the floor and headed out.