Chapter 29

Anna POV

"What exactly is going on? We don't even have the weekend to ourselves anymore.

What impromptu meeting are you going to attend now? Huh? Pls tell me because I wanna know." I said to my fiancé.

I honestly can't take this anymore. He always have impromptu meetings. I'm beginning to doubt him.

"Did you ask me to move into your house so I can die of boredom here alone? Am better off in my house you know. At least I'll know you not with me." I said out loud.

The most annoying thing is that he acted like I wasn't talking to him. He was still busy knotting his tie.

I got really angry and went straight to his face.

"Mark! I just want to know, the company you are meeting with today. Just tell me the name of the company that organizes meetings weekends. I just want to know." I said in a very cool and cold tone.

"Can you stop creating problems where there is none. What exactly is your problem? Huh?" He said.

He grabbed his suit case from the table where he kept it last night. He opened the door and he left just like that.

It was unbelievable. Mark left me standing just because I asked about his daily impromptu meetings.

"It's okay, very okay." I held my hands together. I thought about following him, but I thought against it.

My loud ringtone interrupted my thought. I took the phone and picked the call without even paying attention to the number on the screen.

"What!" I shouted over the phone.

"Hey! It's me Rex. Why so angry?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't look at the caller. How are you?"

"I am good. You? Are you okay? You sound a little bit off."

"Yes I'm fine. Don't worry it's nothing." I said

"Are you by any chance looking for your sunglasses? You forgot it in my car the other day."

"Oh really!"

"Yea. I can drive down to give you."

"It's not worth the stress." I said and ended the call.

Really? Drive down to bring a sunglasses? Very funny! He must think I'm stupid. What sunglasses is he even talking about?

I looked around and thought of what I'll be doing alone in this big house and nothing came to my mind. I decided to go to the mall and change my nails and hair, or better still go shopping.

I changed my clothes to a long green turtleneck gown. I wore a silver slippers and carried my bag.

I removed my iPhone X from my bag and told Rex to meet me at the city mall.

********************************************

Mark POV

I was almost at the guest house where I told Kimberly to come and meet me, when I felt bad about how I treated Anna earlier.

Kimberly is the girl I met at the club the other night I was out with Kent. We decided to meet today because she is only free weekends.

I didn't know what and why I took a u turn and headed back home. Have been a little bit far from her these days.

I texted Kimberly and told her I'll be canceling.

How Christine has been taking most of my time, I had No idea.

I know I have to put a stop between Christine and I before she destroys my relationship but it's just too hard to do. That girl is damn good in bed and I'm not sure I'm ready to let her go. I just have to find a way to balance things between Anna and I.

I entered the apartment knowing fully that my fiancé isn't at home. Her car isn't parked in the compound or the garage.

One of the securities too already confirmed that she went out. Anger is an understatement to what I feel right now.

How can she leave the house? So she was actually waiting for me to go out so she can have her way too.  Why then was she pretending as if she wants me home with her?

"Where the hell did she go to?" I sat down in the sitting room and put on the tv. I was changing tv stations when I remembered I can track Anna's car.

I put a tracker on her car few months ago.

Even she isn't aware there's a tracker on her car.

I actually did it for security purpose, I didn't know it will be of use to me now.

I took out my phone and opened the app. I tracked her car and it was located at the city Mall.

When I saw the location, I blamed my self for doubting her in the first place. She must have been bored and decided to go out.

I decided to surprise her, I took my car keys and headed to the city mall where Anna is.

.............................................................................

1 Hour Later

Mark POV

I arrived at the city mall and parked in the parking space. I got down from my car and picked up my phone to call Anna.

"Why isn't she picking her calls?" I asked myself. I took a step away from my car out of frustration. I continued calling her, still no response.

I walked into the city mall hoping I will find her by luck. She must have kept her phone in her bag or something.

I noticed people staring at me. This is the main reason I don't come to places like this. I get unnecessary attention. Some of them took the courage to ask me if I am my fathers Son.

The farther I go, the more people gather. I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to go back to my car.

As soon as I got to my car, I opened the door and entered the car. I dialed Anna's phone again, she still didn't pick.

I heard a knock on my window and behold they were crowds.

"Damn! What was I thinking coming here." I started the car and put the gear on reverse and drove off as soon as I can.