Chapter Thirty Six

*Rita's POV*

I kept tossing & turning on the uncomfortable hotel mattress. I just couldn't get comfortable at all. I heard Amber huff for the third time so I tried to still myself. After a few minutes, I shifted my legs.

"Riittaa," Amber moaned.

"Sorry, I just can't get comfortable," I complained.

"Well, try, Rita. You are a squrimy pregnant person," she groaned then turned with her back facing me.

"It was your idea to share a bed with a squirming pregnant lady & a three year old," I tell her causing her to laugh.

I giggled as I stood from the bed. I stretched before I grabbed the spare blanket.

"I'm going to lay on the sofa," I tell her before I walk over to the sofa.

After a few minutes of squirming there too I sat up & sighed to myself. I looked over to see Amber & Emmie sleeping. I slipped on my night shoes, grabbed my key card & my phone. I opened the hotel door & almost jumped out of my skin. I stood looking into Caribbean colored eyes. I placed my hands on my heart & my stomach.

"Fudge," I whispered to myself.

"My bad, I didn't mean to scare you," his deep velvet voice said. "Yeah, well you did. What are you doing hanging around my hotel room this time of morning, Joe?" I asked.

"I came to talk to you," he stated.

I folded my arms over my chest & glared at him.

"What?" he asked.

"You came to talk to me at 4 in the morning?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said.

"Uh huh. Try again. The only things people are doing at 4 in the morning is sleeping & trying to get lucky," I say with sass.

"Don't flatter yourself Rita. I just want to talk," Joe said.

"Whatever, Joe, you're the one being stalkery by my hotel door," I say.

"Why are you even awake this early?" he asked.

"I couldn't sleep. Pregnancy & hotel beds don't mix," I say bluntly, regretting it quickly. The hallway was quiet for a few seconds. The arkwardness made it seem longer.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked breaking the silence.

"How are you, Rita?" he asked walking up to me & placing his hand on my stomach.

I instinctively push his hand off of me & step back from him. "I'm fine & don't," I say as he steps back.

He sighs.

"I want to talk about what happened with you & Rachel," he says.

I huff.

"I don't. I have already been suspended for two weeks so y'all should be happy," I scold.

He rolls his eyes in annoyance at me. I do the same in return.

"You shouldn't have hit her," he says.

"She shouldn't have hit me first," I almost yell.

I was getting upset that he was even defending her to me right now. I mean, how dare he. I'm so over this conversation now.

"She even, called me a whore, you know what Joe, I'm so over this whole thing. Coming here was the worst idea ever. I should have just stayed in Birmingham. This was the most stupidest thing I've-," I said feeling the tears coming.