Chapter Eight

I looked at each man. Dean was leaning against the wall into the doorway.

"Hay nurse lady," he almost sang looking me up & down.

I didn't really know how to react. Why were they here?

"You're not room service," I said.

"You're not 3 Doors Down either but whatever," Seth said.

Roman surveyed me up & down but he didn't say anything. I really didn't want to deal with anyone today.

"Are you gonna invite us in. We have food," Seth said.

I stepped back so they could enter. Seth put our food on the counter in the kitchen. Emmie watched as they all sat on the sofa.

"Joe!" she beamed.

She walked over and shook Roman's hand.

"Hay beautiful. How are you?" he asked.

"I'm okay. Sofia the first is on. I like princesses," she says.

"Princesses are great. Do you want to be a princess one day?" he asked.

"Well mommy said that I'm already a princess, she said I'm here little princess," she explains.

" I bet you are," Roman says looking at me as I stand at the counter in the kitchen.

Emily walks over to Seth.

"What's your name?" she asked.

"I'm Colby," he says smiling at her.

Dean extends his hand toward Emily.

"My name is Jon. You played in my hair yesterday," Dean said.

"I know who you are. My name is Emily," she says in her tiny voice.

She shook hands with both Dean & Seth. The sound of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse played on the TV in the bedroom. Without another word she turned & ran into the bedroom. I smiled & shook my head. With my little one gone the attention was on me now.

"Um, thank you for bring us our breakfast but how did you know what room we were in?" I asked.

"We have our ways nurse lady," Dean said staring at my legs.

"Rita not nurse lady. Rita," I say. "And what ways?"

I walk over to a chair across from them & took a seat, noticing all their eyes taking in my attire. I push a loose straind of hair behind my ear.

"We can't tell you," Seth says.

"Really," I say raising my eyebrows.

"How are you?" Roman finally speaks.

"I'm fine," I reply.

"You sure. You kinda left us hanging last night," Seth said.

"Yeah, sorry about that. What are you guys doing here?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"We came to check on you. You seemed spooked last night," Roman answered.

"N'all, I'm good. Thank y'all for checking on me though," I said a little to quickly.

Emily comes back into the living room.

"Is it time to eat mommy?" she asks.

"Yes sweetheart come on," I say prancing to the kitchen.

I quickly fix Emily some food. She sits at the counter & eats.

"Would you guys like something to eat? Its not much but it's something," I say.