Chapter Eighteen

*Roman's POV*

I woke up to Colby hitting me with something.

"Come on big man. We gotta hit the gym before we head to the arena," he tells me.

I groan & turn over in bed. I hear a tiny giggle, then feel someone jump right on top of me. By the lightness of the body I could tell it was Emmie as she jumped up & down next to me.

"Come on Joe we go to gym," she say giggling.

I sit up & rub my eyes. Once my vision focuses I see her standing in front of me. She smiles at me as her eyes sparkle.

"Morning, Emmie get down," she says.

Emmie runs full force & jumps into Rita's arms. She catches her but they both fall to the floor. The sound of their laughter fill my room. I smile at them as I jump up to help them up.

"Are you two alright?" I ask.

"Yeah," Rita says smiling.

"I'm awwight, Joe," Emmie says.

Colby takes Emmie in his arms & began to tickle her. She falls out laughing as we all walk into the living room. I see Rita rubbing the back of her arms.

"You sure you're okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm just a little sore. Steph & I worked out today," she says.

"Hay," I hear Jon say from behind the kitchen counter.

"Oh yeah, Jon helped me too. He taught me defensive techniques in case I need them tonight," she explained.

I nodded. I grab her hand & lead her to the sofa.

"How are you feeling about tonight?" I asked her.

She sighed.

"I'm nervous. But I'm more worried about messing up in front of everyone than being hurt. Bray said he wouldn't hurt me," she says. "I don't like that you're doing this. I don't care if it is good for business. You could still be hurt," I say looking at her.

She caresses my face & smiles. I almost forgot the guys were there.

"Thanks for being worried but I'll be fine. Hunter & Steph have assured me safety. Plus John will be there," she says sweetly.

I lean in about to kiss her then I realize we have an audience. She looks behind me then kisses my cheek softly. Her phone buzzes & she gets it.

"Hello," she says.

"Wussup, Trin," she say.

"Yeah, a lil bit but I'm good. Um. . . sure ok see you in a minute then," she said.

As she Hung up from her call, my phone rung that familiar ringtone. I went still. She stood up & walked over to Colby & Emmie.

"We're gonna go see Trinity & the other girls. I think Jimmy is coming here. We will see you guys tonight then," she said.

She kissed Colby on the cheek. So did Emmie. She walked over to Jon & kissed him. So did Emmie.

"I should've gotten mine first," Jon said pouting.

I was annoyed but Rita found it cute. I couldn't see how but whatever right. She looked at me & I stood up & we walked over to the door. She hugged me then whispered in my ear,

"I'll text you in a minute."

She kissed my cheek then her & Emmie left. I turned & walked back to the sofa. Colby & Jon just stared at me. I begin to get annoyed by them staring.