Chapter Twenty Nine

*Rita's POV*

I just started walking before someone pulled me back. I turned to see Nikki holding my arm. Brie & Naomi walked over too. All three just hugged me. I heard Nikki sniffling. She was crying. I couldn't help but to break.

"Ms. Barnes, I can't let you go to that park," the officer said.

I wiped my tears.

"The hell if I ain't. I'm going to get my daughter & ain't nobody gone stop me," I say looking serious.

"The hell if you are," I hear behind me.

I turn around to see Dean walking over to me. I hold my hands up mid-way & he stopped.

I stare at him a minute. I look over to where Summer Rae stood looking flushed. He peeked over his shoulder in her direction. He turned & looked me in my eyes. I just looked between the two. I rolled my eyes & turned back to the police officer.

"Look, that's my child. My little girl. I'm going. You want to try to stop me, you're gonna have to shoot me," I say then walk off.
I have to get out of here. My baby is waiting. I need to get back to my hotel. Emmie baby just hold on, please.

I looked up from the floor to see Daniel & John standing in my way. I exhaled in annoyance & rolled my eyes.

"Move," I say.

"No Rita. Let the police handle this," Daniel said.

I roll my eyes & feel the tears threaten.

"Move now," I say through gritted teeth.

"Look, I know you want to go but it could be a trap for him to hurt you," John said.

"John, I really don't give a shit. He said two hours we're wasting time," I say.

"So you're gonna willing go & get yourself hurt. Think about Emily, Rita," Dean says behind me.

I turn around & storm towards him. Naomi & Cameron tried to grab me but I snatched away from them. I clenched my fists tight as I got closer & closer to Dean. I was just about an arms length from him when someone grabbed me. They threw me over their shoulder. I looked around to see Jimmy USO under me. I fought to get out of his grip. I tried to kick but he held my legs down to him. I continued to slap his back. He took me into an empty office. He tossed me onto a sofa then ran out closing the door behind him. I jumped up & ran to the door. I pulled on it as hard as I can.

"LET ME OUT OF HERE NOW," I screamed.

"No. Sit down & let the police do their jobs," Jimmy said from the other side of the door.

I could feel the anger building inside me. I wanted to blow up this arena.
Why are they doing this to meWhy are they trying to keep me from my child? I gotta get out of this damn room.

"TO HELL WITH THE DAMN POLICE. OPEN THIS GODDAMN DOOR, JIMMY!" I yelled.