Chapter 34

"Hey. ", Ethan greets me and sits on a comfy chair across from me.

I stare at him, trying to read his mind. My forehead crinkles from staring up because my chin is low. My eyebrows are raised and I am giving him the most questioning look, catching him off guard.

"Hi. ", is all I say for now.

"You'll never guess what a crazy weekend this was! The house party rocked. ", Ethan exclaims happily. Forced excitement.

I just really can't stand to look at his face, so I stare around the room for a while, before gathering enough courage to look at him and not puke.

"Where have you been all these days?", I ask him right away. "You're always asleep when I'm in the room and you wake up early in the morning before me and get out. Sometimes you're not even there overnight. What's going on?"

Ethan's face falls and he looks away for a moment, letting the cold, nervous sweat glisten from his forehead. I get it as a sign of lying, hiding and manipulating.

"I've been to parties and other days, to my mom's place. "

I nod, my face keeping seriousness. "Do you know Lexi has been sleeping over at Laura and Anna's dorm room because she couldn't sleep at night? Laura sometimes gave Lexi her bed when you weren't in the dorms and came to sleep over here. What's with you two?"

"And you found it so hard when she had to be with you during the night. ", Ethan mocks me and chuckles.

My patience is wearing thin. I'm doing all I can to restrain myself.

"Don't joke about it. ", I say harshly.

"I'm not joking. ", he continues to laugh. "How many times did you do it? You know Laura can get really nasty. It's not a problem for a low-standard girl like her to give some here and there. "

My eyes widen and I am horrified at his choice of words. My hand slams against the table as I rise to my feet, getting into his face.

"You jerk!. What did you call her? If you say that once again I will break your bones. ", I'm now yelling and a few people turn their heads to see what the hell is going on. I'm pissed.

Ethan is just as surprised as me at my sudden outburst but I don't deny what I'm feeling. I'd definitely do what I just said. I've waited to bust his face for a long time.

"Well, I would know best. "

I slowly get back to my seat, still giving him a petrifying death glare. Fights were never my thing. I guess there's a first to everything. Wonder if this is the time.

"Why does that offend you?", Ethan raises his brow, gaining back the confidence.

"Why? You knew. I told you that one night back in early October I liked Laura. All you did was stay quiet. Don't give me bullshit and explain yourself. I know you had a thing with her, let's start with that. ", I'm speaking normally now, keeping the tone of my voice hushed.

The brown-haired guy before my eyes only tugs a small smile on his lips. The smile is so fake that it's almost unnoticeable. It disappears as soon as it shows.

"Who told you?"

"That doesn't matter. "

Ethan stares at me hesitantly and taps his fingers against the table. That's when the waitress comes with my hamburger. I thank her with sourness still written all over my lips. She nods and I give her the cash and let her leave for good.

My attention turns back to this screw-up again and I'm fully into the situation now.

"Yeah. We fucked. ", Ethan admits. The hair on my body lifts and creates goosebumps from the thought. I choke a bit on my food but force myself to swallow quickly because I don't want him to think he's got the power to make me lose my cool with just words.