Chapter 8

I didn't know what to tell her to make her feel better. Just who am I to her to have the right to console her? I barely know anything about her.

The night continues with me staying beside Laura and her falling asleep pretty soon.

When she fell asleep, I gently took off her wet shirt, keeping my eyes closed because..well, I don't know. I could've easily looked at her but I can't explain this sense of growing respect towards her. I would've felt really bad about myself if I peeked on her when she was sleeping.

After tucking her in gently, I let her sleep and lie down on the floor next to her.

"Please. ", she continued to mumble something. I listened to her small voice talk in her sleep and found myself losing my senses as I fell asleep as well.

The alarm goes off in the morning and my eyes are heavy. I somehow open them and rub them with my hands. I sneeze and that's when I realize I'm still in my wet clothes.

"Shit. ", I groan and reach for Laura's phone to turn it off but my hand comes in contact with warm skin.

I look up and find Laura's hand turning it off lazily and her eyes staring down at me. We exchange looks for a few seconds and then her eyes grow wide.

"What are you doing here?", Laura sits up and her cover falls down to her stomach. My eyes widen.

I instantly turn my head other way. "Laura.."

I hear her squeak and curse under her breath. "Why am I naked? What did you do to me, dirtbag?"

"Nothing. You fell and were unconcious when I came and I just had to wake you up so I took you to the showers and when you woke up, took you back here and took off your shirt because it was all wet. I didn't look and I swear that's how it was. ", I try to defend myself.

"You can turn around. ", Laura says and I slowly turn my head back to her.

She's lying on her bed with the cover up to her chin. I crawl up to her and touch her forehead.

"You have a fever. ", I notice.

"Why are you in my room? Why did you come to the girls' dorms anyway?", Laura questions my motives.

I shrug. "I was looking for the exit but it was dark and I didn't know where I was going, that's when I heard you fall. "

Chocolate brown eyes are half open but they still hold the familiar glow within. I sigh and sneeze again.

"You'll catch a cold. Change your clothes. ", the sick girl tells me and I take off my shirt and throw it to the floor. Her eyes widen. "Not in front of me!"

"Hm. You're unlucky because my shorts isn't wet. ", I wink at her and she rolls her sleepy eyes.

"Jerk. "

"Hey, how come you don't have a roommate?", I ask as I grab a blanket from the bed opposite from her and roll it around my body.

"I do. It's just that Anna's spending time with her new boyfriend a lot lately so she just calls and says she's sleeping over at his place. "

"He doesn't have a dorm room?", I question.

"He isn't even attending our college. They met through their friends. Something like that. I don't even know, I'm uninterested in smut stories. ", Laura heavily breathes.

"Should I get you medicine?", I worry.

"I have my drugs in here. Open the drawer, they're on top. "

I do as she tells me and find some drugs for fever and vitamins. I give them to her and pour her a glass of water.