Chapter 7

Ross' POV

Today's page of my imaginary diary is gonna be a little intense.

The night is fresh and the sky is clear. Stars rise up and spread on it, shining down on me. I stand by the window of my dorm room, staring at the whole campus. It's a really nice place and even though I have an apartment here in New York, I decided that I could use the dorms as well. It's more practical than being away. The apartment is about a half an hour ride to the campus.

I can't sleep. My phone keeps constantly ringing and even though I put it on silent, I can still feel it ringing in my head. Lydia is getting on my nerves, trying to control my life and all. I don't know what I'm gonna do with her.

She crashed my car against the bench near some park, then she decided to stalk me, thinking I was cheating on her. Honestly, she went through my whole phone and even though she couldn't find anything, she kept pushing me to tell her who I'm seeing behind her back. There's no trying to explain yourself with her, really. She's so stuborn and keeps pursuing her own little story.

Poor Laura. She doesn't even know what kind of revolting words Lydia used against her. I told her we need to take a break because she was driving me crazy. I don't know if we will be back together or not but it sure is lonely, although a refreshing kind of feeling, being separated from her.

I sigh and look to my right, my roommate, Ethan Chris, is sleeping on the bed opposite from mine. His snores could be heard all the way to the girls' side of the building. I chuckle. He's a good guy, judging from what I've seen by now and he's dating one of Laura's friends. I think her name's Lexi.

I envy him. I wish I had something nice to say about my girlfriend and our relationship and it's so sad that nothing comes to mind. I don't really wanna talk about sex. It's kind of the only thing I give her credits for.

My mind gets occupied with my own fantasy wedding and I imagine a girl with blurry face in a white dress. My senses go high as I take her by the hand and we exchange a smile before heading to the altar and into our future together. I wonder what it feels like to want to marry someone, tie the knots, not escape like ever.

I don't care about the existence of term divorce because I don't plan on ever experiencing that. Marriage is a sacred thing to be cherished and respected until the very end of our lives. That's why I wanna choose my bride wisely, so I wouldn't come to the point I don't want to be with her anymore.

That's one of the things I admire about Colton. He chose and he chose good, him and Kate go together like peanut butter and jelly. Maybe even better than that.

My thoughts stay scattered in my head as I quietly exit the room and walk through an empty hallway. It's too dark that I can't see anything. I don't even know what I'm looking for, fresh air, I suppose.

In which direction am I headed?

I wander around the dorms and keep thinking but am interrupted by a loud thud. Something crashed. Something fell. I don't know.

It's inside of the room I just passed by. Should I go check what happened? Maybe one of the guys is drunk and tripped and broke something.

I slowly go for the doorknob, expecting it to be locked because who the hell keeps their door open at one hour past midnight.

To my full surprise, the door is unlocked and I slowly peak inside. First thing I see is flowers and the white lamp with small red hearts on it on the nightstand and a few red hearts printed on the wall above the bed. There's a stuffed tiger on the bed and a book with two two people kissing on the cover.

Wow.

I didn't come to get a boyfriend, just came to help.

I take in a harsh breath. My eyes then take in a skirt hanging on the drawer.