Chapter 27

A few days later

Laura's POV

Ross and I are spending this whole day at the campus library, just studying together. He sits close to me and repeatedly makes subtle skin contact which drives me nuts.

I glare at him. "Can you just focus?"

"But it's so hard. ", he whines and lays his cheek in his palm, while elbow stays on the table.

Smile spreads across my lips but I ignore his little complaining and focus back on the text.

Honestly, everything that's happened is making me so confused. How is it that I like Ross so much that I allowed us to happen? What's the deal he has on me, anyway? He appears one day at a wedding with a bitchy girlfriend and steals my heart? Does it actually work like that? It's been pretty confusing. We still aren't used to not being obnoxious around each other, like how we tease each other all the time, so we integrate that into this new relationship that's happening. I was up all night that night we did, you know what, after leaving his room. I've just been thinking about what we are and how this will continue. 

God, I like him. I really do. I am just so scared of being in a relationship, having seen multiple failures of those. Even Ross himself has one failed relationship right behind him. How can I know this is right? How do I make sure we don't drift apart like lovers do in the future? It's all been tormenting me. 

But the blonde acts nonchalantly as always. Does us getting intimate leave no impression on him? He is so easy going. 

Maybe I should actually learn from him, but, 'no can do' says my overthinking brain.

"Why don't we go get coffee and something to eat? It's on me, whatever. I just can't sit in this place anymore. We've been here for five hours, dammit. ", he adds.

"Maybe you're right. ", I say. "I am hungry. "

"You see?", he's now excited.

"You go get me coffee and something from the bakery and I'll wait for you here. "

"Lauraaa.."

"What? I really have to study. You by the way, I feel like you're planning on failing your exams. ", I shake my head.

Ross' face gets annoyed. "I study when I'm alone. How could I study with company? Especially when I'm with you. I'm suspicious of how you do it. Am I not interesting at all?"

I put my book down and grab his face, kissing him lightly on the lips then giving him meaningful look in the eyes. "I just need to study. You are interesting but now is not the time. If you're bored with me why don't you phone Colton and see what he's up to?"

He stares at me afterwards and gets a hold of my hand.

"I still want us to go together. ", his confession makes me feel a little guilty.

"I know but these books won't read themselves. We could go out and take a walk tonight. "

Ross sighs, letting go of me and grabs his English Grammar book and a pen and starts writing phases down on a piece of paper. "Guess I'll just stay here doing nothing. "

Grin on my lips widens from gratefulness. I'm really glad he'll stay with me after all even if we are practically ignoring each other and studying.

"I hate college. ", I hear him mumble to himself and chuckle at his honesty.