Chapter 33

December 4th

Ross' POV

Having a fuzzy dream about Naomi cheating on me and Colton telling my parents about my addiction, I just couldn't calm down for a while. I couldn't even grasp the feelings I felt afterwards. It was just emptiness. I don't want this haunting me, and it happened because I've been affected by Naomi looking for me now, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. 

I cannot just sit and talk to someone about these troubles. I don't want to bug Laura. She's already emotionally unstable enough after going through everything with her mother and father. The least she needs is listening to my problems. So, I put this story on hold. I might tell her sometime, but I'd rather not talk about it yet.

Everyone is busy with their studies since the season of exams has started long time ago and will last until Christmas.

After I finish with all the sheets, I quietly stand up and walk to the middle of theatrum. I leave my papers on professor's desk. I was actually the first one to finish the math exam and I feel Laura's eyes staring at me curiously from behind.

Professor Davis lightly runs his fingers over his gray mustaches, looking at me intensively.

"Mr, I'm guessing you are done? ", he speaks to me.

I nod my head yes. "I am. "

"You do realize that not even half of the time has passed?", Mr Davis stares at my work curiously.

"Yes, I'm aware. "

Silence overwhelms the space around us for a moment or two, before he gives into the situation and talks.

"Alright. Good luck. ", he hesitantly tells me and I excuse myself and leave.

I'm pretty confident about math. That's one of things I mechanically do, barely thinking. You can say I've caught the pattern a long time ago and now it just goes easily. That's why I almost always finish up my tests first and never fail this subject.

Laura didn't know that, because we're in the same college only since this semester.

I walk through the halls of the building, paying small attention to the posters and essays of the top students hung up on the wall. My mind floats somewhere far away, in the smoke of the distant past called childhood.

August 5th, Eleven years ago

Summer of my tenth year. The weather was abnormally hot and I took off my shirt, leaving only the green shorts on.

I was pleased with the familiar feeling of Colton's couch pressed to my behind. I had just arrived at his place, holding up the remote while he was searching for his mother Samantha around the house.

"Why isn't SpongeBob on any of the channels? I want SpongeBob. ", I complained to myself quietly.

Whenever I was hanging at Colton's place, we were always searching for cartoons to watch or games to play. It was our typical thing to do.

"She's not home. ", my best friend suddenly dropped himself next to me. "I think she has work today. Dad's asleep upstairs but even if he was awake, he wouldn't be of help. He doesn't cook. "

We were both starving and left with no one to prepare us the meal.

And so, we kept starving ourselves to death because we were too lazy to get up and prepare even a sandwich.