chapter 20

Chris's P.O.V.

His clothes were soaking wet .His body was shaking . I guess he is cold . '' Hello . How are you ?'' he slurred .'' May I ?'' he pointed at the inside of my house .I nodded and stepped aside so he could come in . I cant leave him outside . But why is he here ? I closed the door and walked behind him . He tripped and almost fell , but I grabbed his arm and helped him gain his balance .Who knows how much has he drunk . I helped him rest on the couch and left to get him some warm clothes. I cant leave him in wet clothes , he will catch a cold. But wait . Why do I even care ? I grabbed a towel and some clothes that I am sure dad wont miss and went to the living room . I helped him take off his shirt and threw it on the floor . I  patted dry his torso and back . He is shaking body seemed to warm up . I took off his shoes and he changed into the pair of sweatpants that I gave him .

'' You are very friendly and nice .'' he said flashing me a childlish smile .

'' And you are very drunk .'' I said and he laughed . ''Why ?'' I asked and his expression changed into a frown .

'' Because of Lizzie . I told you it was her birthday today .'' he yelled . I took a step back . He grabbed the lamp that was situated beside the couch and smashed it against the wall . '' It is so unfair .'' he screamed . His scream was full of pain , anger . He was hurt . He started pulling his hair . 

'' Ashton , calm down . '' I went near him . I placed my hand on his shoulder and he seemed to relax . I removed his hands from his head , still looking at him . '' You will hurt yourself .'' I whispered and he remained silent . He sat back down on the couch . I collected the lamp's broken pieces and threw them away . To be honest , I dont care about the lamp at all . He was clenching his fists so much , that his knuckles went white . '' How about you sleep ? '' I asked and he nodded slightly . I helped him stand up and passed his arm over my shoulder . I lead him in my room and he got under the covers . I turned off the lights and slowly left the room .

I dont know why he came here . But I am happy that he did . I mean what if he got into a fight or drove while intoxicated . That wouldnt be any better . I wonder how did his sister die . Was it because of an illness ? Did she get into an accident ? I dont know . But one thing is certain , that her death has taken a huge toll on Ashton . I have ever seen him so hurt . Hell , I didnt believe that he had any feelings . But I was wrong . He has . He is way more emotional than he shows . The rain outside got heavier and the thunders didnt seem to end . But I dont mind . This weather relaxes me . I closed my eyes , as I enjoyed the noise that the raindrops were making against the concrete and tried to relax .

But a loud scream , caused me to jump . I quickly run to the direction the scream was heard . My room . I opened the door to find Ashton wide awake staring blankly at the wall . He was shaking . I sat beside him .'' What's wrong ? '' I asked him .  He burried his face in his hands and cried . '' Ashton .'' I said patting his back .'' Was it a nightmare ?'' I asked . He nodded . 

'' She was staring at me , telling me it was my fault that she died . She said she hated me .'' he explained . I can tell that he is still drunk from the way his words fell from his mouth .

'' She would never hate you Ashton . It was just a nightmare .'' I said . '' Try to sleep .'' I added and covered him with the blankets . He took my hand in his , sending chills down my spine .

'' Dont go, please .'' he pleaded his voice cracking at the end. His voice was so weak , barely audible . 

'' Ashton I- '' I said but I was cut off .

'' Dont leave me alone .'' he cried and I got under the covers . The warmth of the fabic , immediately relaxed me .I tried to keep a certain distance between me and him , but he didnt let that happen . He wrapped his arms around me and burried his face in the crook of my neck . His tears were now  falling  freely , as he tighten his grip . He needed comfort . I wrapped my arms around his body , trying to give him the comfort he needed . Ashton is the perfect example of the colour black . He had his feelings and emotions hidden . But  not anymore . He seems to have kept so much inside , he has tried to drink his problems away . But it hasnt worked . He has kept so many things bottled up inside him that he just needed to get it out . And there was only one way to do it . Cry .

'' It 's okay .'' I whispered in his ear , running my fingers through his hair . '' It's okay .''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLOOOO !!!! How are you ??  Did you like this chapter ?? I really hope that you did !! Ashton is showing  a different side , isnt he ? YOU PASSED 10K !!!!!!! I was practically screaming around the house , jumping up and down . My parents thought I was carzy . I never really thought that this story would get so many reads and votes and comments . Michael got an eyebrow piercing , it is so freaking cute on him !!  

Love ya , bye

xoxoC.