chapter 34

Chris's P.O.V.

I surely kissed him back . His lips pressed to mine made my heart pump faster than ever . The way his arms gripped me closer to him made me weak . I was definetely enjoying this moment . I tried to process everything he had just told me . He has feelings for me too . We broke our kiss and looked deeply at each other's eyes . Ashton got off the bed and walked towards the door . I quickly ran to him .

'' Dont leave again .'' I said and he looked at me . I dont want him to leave again , like he did the previous time that we kissed .

''What do you mean ?'' he asked .

'' I mean that I dont want you to leave .'' I said tugging my sweater further down . '' I have feelings for you too .'' I said with a shaky voice .

'' You do ?'' he asked completely shocked .

'' Yeah .'' I said looking at the ground .

'' How can you have feelings for me ? I have treated you like shit .'' he said .

'' I dont know . The only thing that I know is that I cant stop having this feeling in my stomach whenever I am with you . I enjoyed our kiss , even though the next day you acted like nothing happened  .''' I said chuckling bitterly as I remembered those incidents .

'' I will never hurt you again .'' he said engulfing me in a warm hug . The warmth of his body against mine made me feel calm , safe even . The door suddenly opened and I felt a pair of hands hugging me from behind .

'' Hug sandwich ! '' Michael yelled and we started laughing . We all broke our ''connection'' and a smirk formed on Michael's face .'' So , what have you two been up to in here ?'' he asked looking at both of us . I felt the heat on my cheeks rising as Ashton moved uncomfortably beside me .

'' Nothing .'' he said looking at me with a small smile on his lips . I smiled back at him .

" So .." Michael said ." A friend of mine gave me two tickets to the Pursuit of Happiness , but I have already seen it. Do you two want to go ?" he asked .

" Yeah sure . We don't want the tickets go to waste, do we ?" Ashton asked looking at me .

" We certainly do not . " I said and Michael chuckled before handing the tickets to Ashton.

" We have to leave if we want to make it to the movies on time. " he said looking at the tickets.

" Go , go ." Michael said literally pushing us to the front door. " Have fun , kids . Be back before midnight and don't talk to strangers." he instructed as if he was a parent . Me and Ashton couldn't stop laughing as we got in the car . As he started driving , I started thinking . His confession was something unexpected, I never thought that he could have feelings for me . Hell , I didn't even think that I was going to fall for him . What happens now is the real question . I certainly do not know how a relationship functions .

" Are you thinking of something? You seem really deep in thought." he said , eyes focused on the road . " Is it your dad ?" he added . I haven't really been thinking about him . To be honest it is great to not be beaten up , but I wonder what is he doing right now. Is he thinking about his daughter? Or is he drinking ? Probably the second . I have to admit that I am hurt that he didnt even search me or at least cared about me . My parents have both kinda abandoned me . That is not what parents do . My mum doesn't even know if I am alive and I dont think that she cares . Tears started falling from my eyes . Once Ashton realized , he stopped the car and looked at me .'' Hey , dont cry . He doesn't deserve someone like you , Chris . One day he will understand his mistakes and it will be too late .'' he said looking at me .

'' You dont understand , Ashton . My mum left us and she doesn't care . My dad doesnt care . No one cares .'' I said wiping some of the tears off .

'' I care . '' he said .'' A lot .'' he added .'' Now , we are going to enjoy that movie , even though I have seen it three times .'' he said wiping my tears off . He turned his attention to the road and continued driving .

Ashton's P.O.V.

'' What do you want to eat ?'' I asked her .

'' Nothing . You dont have to buy anything '' she said shaking her head .

'' We will take two large pop corns and two bags of candy .'' I said handing the money to the cashier . He gave us our food and we went to our seats . The lights went down and the movie started . I looked over at her . Her eyes glued to the screen while she ate pop corn. Her admitting that her feelings were mutual , shocked me . I never expected her to have feelings for me . It makes me feel even more guilty for what I have done to her ,but I am determined to make up for my mistakes. I care for her . I want to fix her and make her happy . I want to make her smile . Yeah , I know . That is not something that I would say about a girl , but she makes me different . She is different .

I paid attention to the movie , I really like this movie . It is deep film with meaning . It shows how hard life can be and that we should never give up despite the difficulties that we may face . The scene that they slept in the subway , clearly made Chris emotional as I heard sniffing beside me . I carefully passed my hand over her shoulder .When she turned to me , I pretended that I was watching the movie . From the corner of my eye I could see that she smiled for a second and then turned back to the movie . I softly tapped her shoulder and she turned to look at me . I placed my finger under her chin and connected our lips , giving her a soft peck. She smiled at me , as she pulled away . I smiled back at her and we proceeded on watching the movie.

As soon as the movie ended we got up from our seats and walked outside of the movies. It was already dark outside . I heard theeth clattering beside me . I looked over at Chris , who seemed to be cold . I took off my jacket and placed it over her shoulders .'' No , you are going to be cold .'' she said handing me the jacket back . I took the jacket and placed it again over her shoulders and she sighed .'' Thank you .'' she said keeping it closer to her body . We quickly went to the car and got in . I started the engine and turned on the heat , it really is cold . I started driving towards Michael's . The car ride was silent , but the good kind of silence . I parked the car outside of the house .

''Here we are .'' I said .

''Yeah . Thanks for tonight .'' she said getting out of the car . I quickly got out of the car and went to her . 

'' Chris , I really meant what I said the other day and I....I want you to be mine .'' I said in one breath . I just stared at her waiting for a response . She looked surprised . I was even surprised that I actually had the guts to tell her this . '' Just think about it .'' I said and kissed her cheek before leaving .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello ! How are you ? I hope that you like this chapter . The Pursuit of Happiness is one of my favourites , the only movie that has actually made me cry . So what do you think is going to happen between these two ? ;)  Comment down below ! YOU PASSED 175K !!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Love ya , bye 

xoxoC.