chapter 48

Song for this chapter : Roger Rabbit-Sleeping with Sirens (  I am obssesed with that song right now . I think you are going to like it !)

Ashton's P.O.V.

Tomorrow , school starts and I couldn't be less excited . I just dont want my time with Chris to end . We had a lot of fun together .''I cant believe you brought books with you .'' I said as I sat on the bed . She smiled as she took out her Literature book and started writing down some things .

'' Dont you have any homework ?'' she asked .

'' Of course I do.'' I said shrugging .'' I am just too lazy .'' I said and she chuckled still writing . '' I mean like how you do it ? I hate studying .'' I added .

'' Well , I dont know . I like studying .'' she said .'' So , when do your parents come back ?'' she asked .

'' Dont know , dont care .'' I answered .When I say I dont care , I really mean it . They dont care about me and I dont care about them. That's how things work with my parents.''Come lay with me.'' I added .I just want to have as much time with her as I can .

'' Yeah , I have Math and Physics and I will come .'' she said taking out her Math book . I sighed as I got up and went to her . I picked her up and she chuckled , as I softly sat her on the bed .

'' You have time to do that later.'' I said as I laid beside her . '' When do the Clifford's come back ?'' I asked her .

'' Anne called me this morning and told me that they arrived .'' she said sighing .'' To be honest , I dont want school to start .'' she added and placed her arm over my stomach . '' I am having too much fun with you.'' she smiled .

'' Me too .'' I said before kissing her . We just stayed like this . She was silently playing with our intertwined hands while we both stared at the ceiling . I always enjoy our silent moments . I think that she does too , because she always has a small smile on her face . I am happy to be the reason for that smile .

'' WE ARE HOME.'' I heard my mom yell from downstairs . Chris immediately stood up and looked at me witha terrified expression .

'' Okay .'' I bluntly shouted .

'' What are we gonna do ?'' Chris asked pacing back and forth .

'' Relax , I dont think they will even bother to come upstairs , besides you would meet them one day , right ? '' I said and she sat beside me . The truth is that I have never introduced a girl to my parents . Suddenly , the door opened and my mother came in . Her eyes darted between Chris and I .

'' I am sorry , I didn't know you had company . I am going to order Chinese .Is that okay ?'' she asked smiling .

'' Yeah , yeah .'' I said and she left closing the door behind her .

Chris's P.O.V.

We were sitting on the big dining table eating what Ashton's mum ordered.Ashton insisted in us eating in his room , but his mother told us that it would be great if we ate together .Ashton didn't seem thrilled about it and I can see why.This predicament is awkward.No one is talking and everyone is looking at their plates .

'' So , how is school going Chris ?'' Ashton's dad broke the silence .

''It is going great .'' I said and he gave me a weak smile .

'' I wish we could say the same thing for Ashton .'' he added chuckling . I looked over at Ashton who was lightly shaking his head . '' I mean , he doesn't even want to go to college. He wants to pursue a career in the music industry .That's stupid. Isn't it ?'' he asked looking at me , waiting for a response . I cant believe what I am hearing . What am I supposed to say now ? Ashton's mum was silent and Ashton was glaring at his father .

''Sir , with all the respect , I think that it is his decision . I , personally dont find it stupid . I think that it is important for someone to love his job .'' I said .

''Let me ask you this question . Is it okay for a seventeen year old to drink his life away and party all the time ?'' his dad said . I looked over at Ashton , whose face was flushed from anger .

'' What's your problem ? It is my life , I can do whatever I want .'' Ashton banged his fists on the table .

'' You are an irresponsible teenager , who parties all the time and sleeps around with girls . You couldn't even look after at your own sister .'' his father yelled . Ashton then took my hand and lead us both out of the house . He slammed the door shut and kicked with anger the small flower pot situated beside the door .

'' I hate him .'' he said , as he hugged me . I didn't know what to say , so I hugged him tightly. His father was harsh . '' You know , what ? Fuck him . He is not going to ruin our last night .'' Ashton said and went to his car . At first , I stood there , but then proceeded in getting in the car too .

" Where are we going?" I asked.

" At the beach . " he said and a small smile appeared on his face . Ashton's dad seems to be really harsh on him since Lizzie's death . I don't think though that they hate each other. I am now just worrying about Ashton . He already feels responsible for what happened and his father is making it worse for him . " Look , my dad is just overreacting about the whole wasting my life thing ." he said parking the car ." He just wants me to follow his footsteps and not pursue what I really love." he added as we walked hand in hand . We both sat on the sand and gazed at the sea . Small waves could be heard gently leaving the shore and coming back . " It is not like , I always drink and sleep around . " he said . I just remained silent .Ashton is known for his rebellious behavior and laid back attitude . I don't think though that that is the real Ashton. " Say something ." he softly said .

" I just want you to be yourself Ashton . That's it ." I said. " I know that you are not the person your dad describes you to be." I added .

" Can we not talk about him ? This is our last holiday night." he said and I nodded .We both laid on the sand and looked up at the sky . He placed his arm under my shoulder and brought me closer to him, so my head was on his chest.

"The sky is beautiful tonight ." I said looking at the stars .

" Not as beautiful as you ." Ashton said .

" That was cheesy ." I said and we both laughed .

'' But true .'' he added and I blushed . I know that I am not beautiful . I just dont feel as confident , as the girls on my age . I know that I dont have the flat abs and perfect skin that the other girls have and it is making me self-conscious . '' You know, I really enjoy our silent momonets .'' he said .

'' I do too .'' I said smiling . I really do . Even though no one is talking it is not akward . It is like no words are needed . Ashton leaned in and kissed me softly on the lips . We just stayed like that , silently enjoying our last holiday night .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRAPPY ENDING , I AM SORRY . So , I hope you liked this update .FYI , Ashton is a year older than Chris , he started school a year later .The exact thing happened to a friend of mine and she is the eldest in our class and we call her mum and stuff . She is pretty cool ! Okay so tomorrow is my parents 18th wedding anniversary and my dad told me to go buy for my mum 18 red roses and I was like ''awww.'' Also on Tuesday I have a huge presentation and I am so nerous , because I am really bad at talkng in a lot of people .Wish me luck . Okay I will shut up now..

SHOUTOUT TIME :

@blush_454 : I know you didnt ask for anything  , but I just wanna thank you for your message . :)

@Spaghettisara : Check out her stories , they are very well-written and interesting :)

@5sos_band_girl : she is writing a Mikey story , so show her some love . :)

If you want a shoutout , just PMme . 

Love ya , bye 

xoxoC.