chapter 23

Ashton's P.O.V.

'' I hate maths .'' I said throwing my book on the floor angrily . She has been explaining me the same thing a hundred times and I have done the same mistake for the past hour .

'' Throwing your book , wont make things easier .'' she said .I sighed . This wont be easy .I took my book and placed it back on the bed . '' Look all you need is a B .'' she said in a calm tone .

''Well I am not a math genius like you .'' I said . '' I will fail .'' I added covering my face with my hands in furstration .

''Dont say that . You can do it .'' she supported me . Wait . She supported me . No one has ever supported me or believed in me in this way . A weird feeling on my stomach made its appearance .'' Let's take a break .'' she said closing the books and putting them aside . 

'' That's a good idea .'' I said falling back in my bed and closing my eyes . I like the fact that she is not pushy . She gives me space and I appreciate it . To be honest , I wouldnt want anyone else to tutor me . She remained silent . I opened my one eye to check on her . She was staring at Lizzie's picture , that I had beside my bed . She looked at me. Her brown eyes were somehow giving me comfort . 

'' She is really pretty .'' she said taking the picture in her hands .

'' Was . She was pretty .'' I corrected her my voice cracking at the end  . I could feel my eyes watering . My sister is my weak spot . 

'' You miss her , dont you ?'' she asked . 

'' How cant I not ?'' I said wiping a tear that fell . '' You know what . Let's start with Maths . Okay  ?'' I said opening the books  . I dont want to break down in front of her again .

'' Okay .'' she picked up her books .  I should really concetrate on this . I have to pass this class . '' Look you are going to be fine . We just have to focus on these equations .'' she said placing her hand on top of mine . She must have understood my nervousness .I kept looking at our hands . Her hand on top of mine felt so ..... right . She quickly removed her hand and grabbed the books  . This is going to be a long evening . I sighed .

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

''Okay , class . You have 45 minutes to solve five equations . Good luck .'' the teacher said handing us the test .With shaky hands I grabbed the pen and took a look at the test .

 1)  -3 ( x - y ) + 6x =  4 ( 2x + y ) 

Okay this looks easy , I thought to myself . I easily solved the first equation given and made sure I didnt have any mistakes . I looked over at Chris . She was easily writing down the answers on her paper . Her fingers were going really fast . She really does like Maths . I concetrated on my paper . The next two were a bit tricky , but I think that I did them correctly . I looked at the clock . Only 20 minutes left . I have to solve another two and I am done . I wiped my sweaty hands on my t-shirt and grabbed the pen . Just about I was going to finish the fifth one the bell rung . No this cant be happening . I have to finish it , I am half way through ! 

'' Put your pens down .''  we were instructed and I threw mine angrily on the floor . The teacher collected all the tests , but before I could make my way out of the class , I was stopped by the teacher .

'' Ashton and Chris . Wait for a bit , please .'' after all the students left the teacher approached us . '' Let's mark your exam .'' she took out a pen and grabbed my paper off the stack . Chris and I both sat in front of her , as we impatiently waited for the results .

Chris's P.O.V

As I sat beside Ashon , I could feel his nervousness . I am nervous too .  I patted his back and he gave me a weak smile . A smile that errupted butterflies in my stomach . ''I didnt finish the fifth one properly .'' he whispered in my ear .

'' Dont worry .'' I said trying to calm him .

'' So Irwin .'' the teacher started and both of our heads shot up .''The first four equations were perfectly solved . I guess that due to time issues you werent able to complete the fifth one , so you got a B . Congratulations .'' she said and Ashton jumped off his chair . I stood up to congratulate him , but instead he grabbed me and lifted me giving me a big hug , leaving me quite ashtonished . He mumbled a thank you as he set me back to the ground and quickly left the classroom .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am BACK ! Did you miss me ? I guess not , but anyways . Sorry this chapter was a bit short  I am still pretty tired from the 10  hour drive back to Greece .  School is starting here in 10 days and I am not excited at all . I am going to high school and to be honest I am a little scared . I am really excited though to start my guitar lessons again . I guess that my american readers have already started school so I wish you the best for this school year .

Love ya , bye 

xoxoC.