A Promise Kept

"Hinata Hyūga!" A five year old boy shouted. A little girl of the same age with short midnight blue hair and beautiful pale eyes stopped and turned to the boy. Her eyes widened at the sight of him running towards her. Finally he stopped, sitting down next to her. Hinata looked at the blond haired and blue eyed boy next to her, who was gasping for breath from his run. What did he want to say on this winter morning?

"Yes?" Hinata softly said. The boy looked at her and smiled.

"I'm Naruto Uzumaki! And one day, when I'm all grown up, I will take you on a date!" Naruto said cheerfully. Hinata turned red.

"But why?"

"Because you're the nicest girl I know. Your so nice to everyone and you are always one of the smartest people in our class! And you're really pretty!" Naruto said as he declared his love the best way a five year old can.

"Oh! Well, maybe one day." Hinata shyly said. She didn't really think it would happen but went along with it.

"Do you wanna play now, though? I wanna play with you!" Naruto asked. Hinata nodded and they ran off to the playground nearby.

A few weeks later, Hinata moved away from Konoha. She forgot all about the confession a blond haired and blue eyed boy made to her when she was five years old. One day, after 11 years, she moved back to Konoha.

Unlike Hinata, Naruto never forgot his love for the beautiful midnight haired girl. He vowed that  he would keep his promise. And it turns out in the end, he did.

_________________________________________

"Naruto! Hurry up, I don't want to be late for science again!" Kiba said as he knocked his fist on the blonds head. Shikamaru sighed while nodding in agreement.

"Eh... sorry about that! Just, I saw.." Naruto said again as he looked off into the distance, earning him another smack on the head by Sasuke this time.

"Come on dobe." Sasuke bluntly said. Naruto rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I don't wanna get a lecture from Mr. Orochimaru. He creeps me out." Shikamaru said as he shivered. Everyone nodded in agreement an walked to science. Orochimaru was a weird teacher, taking a special liking in Sasuke, which Sasuke disliked. The group began to rush towards the science class, talking about how weird Orochimaru was and his obsession with snakes.

Naruto nodded and talked with them, but on his mind was the girl who just passed them. As Naruto sat down in his seat in science and the class began, his thoughts drifted towards her. He knew it was Hinata Hyūga, the girl he confessed and was in love with for 11 years. His mind wandered off to the memory of his confession. Hinata was so cute and little and pure back then, with her short midnight hair and blushed cheeks. Now, she looked beautiful. Her short hair was now long and flowed like water. Her laughter was like music to his ear. Hinata's smile made his legs feel like jelly.

Yes, even after 11 years of not seeing his love, he felt completely vulnerable around her. Naruto remembered his promise he made, he was opt to make sure he fulfilled it.

"Uzumaki! Pay attention!" The snake teacher hissed. Naruto jumped out of his memories and nodded an apology.

I'll keep my promise. He thought, and then he payed attention to the teacher, with thought of Hinata lingering in head.

******

"Eh, Sakura-chan!" Naruto said as he jogged up to her at lunch. Sakura looked up from her lunch and glared at Naruto.