Red Thread

Musabi is the old way of calling the local guardian god. This word has a profound meaning. Typing thread is Musabi.  Connecting people is Musabi. The flow of time is Musabi.  These are all gods powers. So the braided cords we make, represent the flow of time its self. The converge and take shape. They twist, tangle, unravel, break then connect again. Musabi -knotting. That's time.  -Hitoha Miyamizu (Your Name.)

An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, despite the time, the place or the circumstances. The thread may tangle or stretch, but it will never break. - Ancient Chinese Legend

(Continuation of The Letter but SasuSaku)

Sakura laying on the grass, closing her eyes. She heard Naruto run off and smiled.

"Do your best Naruto." Sakura called out. She knew that Hinata loved Naruto for so long. Her heart swelled with pride that finally, finally Naruto was going to find his end of the red thread of fate.

Sakura wished Sasuke would figure out her feelings for him. How long was it ago, she realized she loved him?

Oh yes... It was the first day of kindergarten.

Now some of you say that true love can't be found at the age of 5, but for some, who find their true love at a young age know they are destined to be together once they see them.

Who am I, you say?

My name Aika. I am a spirit. Spirit of love. I just sort of float in the air, blend in. No one sees me, but I see everybody. The other person that helps me out and sighs over true lovers never meeting is my best friend, Aki. He is also a spirit of love, but in the boys version.

Anyways, back to the story.

Sakura was 5 years old, and it was her very first day of kindergarten. She was very nervous and scared because it was her first time leaving her mother, and going somewhere unfamiliar. A new atmosphere, and she knew no one.

"Go on, Sakura! You'll meet new friends and have lots of fun at school!" Mebuki Haruno, her mother gently said. She knew how shy Sakura was, but once she knew someone, she was open and friendly.

"Okay, then Mommy. I will see you after school is over?" Sakura asked with a twinge of fear and hope. Mebuki smiled.

"Of course, my dear." With a hug, a kiss and goodbye, Sakura was inside the classroom. She was petrified and didn't know anyone. So Sakura went into the corner, sat in a beanbag and cried.

"Hey! Why are you crying?" A voice said. Sakura lifted her head, and next to her was sitting was a little boy.

"Oh...um. I just miss my mom and my dad lots." Sakura replied.

"I do too, but you know at school, no one tells us to not bother big brother because he is studying. Here I don't bother no one, and my best friend Naruto plays with me!" The boy answered back as he beamed. Sakura gave a little smile.

"Really? But I don't have a big brother. I have no sisters or brothers. I want one though!" Sakura said happily, dreaming about a little brother or sister to play with.

"Well thats okay too! Do you want to play with me? Naruto isn't here today and I don't know anyone else." The boy asked. Sakura nodded with a yes. Then they went to play with the blocks. When it was time for lessons. they sat next to each other. When lunch came, they ate together. Before they left school, they asked each others name.

"Sakura Haruno!"

"Sasuke Uchiha!"

Sakura didn't know why she wanted to hug the boy and hold his hand now. She felt so happy around him. But thats normal. Little kids don't know true love.

Lets take a rewind. Aki told me the reason Sasuke approached Sakura was 1) Because she was crying and 2) He liked her pink hair. Later on, he realized he wanted to hug and hold her hand. We both at this point were banging our heads on the walls, begging for our newest red threads to realize they LOVE each other. That didn't happen. its because Sasuke's parents died in a fire and his older brother was left to take care of him 2 years later. He became cold and distant, only really ever talking to Naruto and Sakura.

Anyways, Sakura was the first and only one to realize she was in love with Sasuke. Sasuke will not realize until the are 17. Sad, I know.

I realize that you don't know what red thread is. It is a Chinese legend, and no one really believes it. But its true. Aki and I are responsible for the red thread of fate. We connected them because we know those two are destined to be together.

Lets take a quick zoom to the present, now shall we? Also Aki is begging me to get on with the story. Annoying guy.

Sakura was on the grass. Wind blew through her hair and she felt the warm sun on her face. She felt so relaxed. Then an image of Sasuke came to her mind. Two tears streamed down her face. She's been in love with him for 12 years, and all he would ever think of her is his best friend.

"Hey why are you crying?" A voice said. Sakura opened her eyes and wiped her face. She looked up and there he was: Sasuke Uchiha. 

"Hey, Sasuke-kun! I wasn't crying, just something got in my eye." Sakura lied, crossing her fingers, hoping Sasuke would believe her.

"Liar, your crossing your fingers. If you want me too believe you, at least do it behind your back, Sa-ku-ra." He said teasingly and smirked. Sakura rolled her eyes and pouted. She didn't realize Sasukes heart jumped a little. Aki just told me that it did.

Wait, of course she didn't! She didn't know that Sasuke liked her! Aki told me that Sasuke had a crush on her for 12 years and just realized it. HE IS ASKING HER OUT!

"AKI! HE IS GONNA DO IT!"

"SHUT UP AIKA! LET ME WATCH, YOU IDIOT! WE ARE GONNA MISS IT!"

Sasuke looked around quickly. He thought he heard voices. Aki and I stopped killing each other and watched at the red thread was finally going to connect after 12 YEARS!

"Sakura. I'm not really a man of words, but um.. do want to go on a date with me? Right now?" Sasuke said quietly as his face turned a slight shade of red. Aki just reported that he was in fear Sakura was going to reject him as he though she only thought of them as best friends.

"SAKURA! SAY YES, YES YES!" I screamed.

She didn't answer for several minutes. Sasuke looked a slight bit panicky.

"Oh, do you not want to? Its okay, I'm so-" He stopped talking because Sakura kissed him.

Aki and I screamed in the air jumping for joy. Our red threads were connected forever!

"Does that mean a yes?" Sasuke asked with a slight smile.

"Yes, Sasuke-kun." Sakura replied with a blush, to which Sasuke's heart jumped again ( Aki told me).

Together, they walked to a nearby café, leaving me and Aki together.

"Do want to follow them, Aika?" Aki asked.

"No, lets go find a new pair, who will be destined to meet. The next red thread of fate. LETS GO AKI!" I shouted and off we went.

-Up in spirit/god world:

"WHEN IN HELL WILL THEY REALIZE THEY ARE THE RED SRING OF FATE! THOSE TWO ARE DESTINED TO BE TOGETHER! ITS BEEN BILLIONS OF YEARS SINCE I PLACED THEM TOGETHER! AKI AND AIKA ARE MEANT TO BE EVEN THOUGH THEY DETERMINE THE FATE OF LOVE! HOW ARE THEY SO STUPID AND DENSE, TELL ME!?" God yelled to his angles, who shivered in fear of Gods thundering, scary voice.

______________

SO?

LIKE IT?

COMMENT!

VOTE!

REQUEST!

LOVE YOU ALL!

-ALICA ROUX!