Your Lie In April: Part 3

A/N: Last part for the SasuSaku Your Lie In April series. A little quick, but I do want to write some different stories about them. So sorry its rushed.

Sasuke remembered Sakura as he laid under a cherry blossom tree, before opening the letter.

Sasuke began to see life in color. Everything was so different with Sakura around. He began playing the the piano in a free, spirited way, completely different from his usual monotone style. All because of Sakura. Sakura taught him that music is meant to express oneself, and be free from all worries. She uplifted him, made him into a whole new person.

Sasuke also realized one more thing.

He was in love with Sakura Haruno. But he couldn't do anything. She was hopelessly in love with Naruto, and he couldn't do anything. That was the only thing that let him down. But he kept an act in front of everyone. He pretended that all he saw was her as a friend.

Sakura one day collapsed after she and him were at a concert, playing a duet. When she woke up in the hospital, she said it was anemia, yet Sasuke felt there was something wrong.

She was ill. 

And she died.

His Sakura died. For days he spent mourning her in his bedroom.

Until he got the letter from her parents at the funeral. He decided to read it in spring, when he first met Sakura.

Opening the letter, he began to read.

Dear Uchiha Sasuke,

It feels weird writing a letter to someone you were just with...

You're the worst.

Indecisive. Gullible. Twit.

The first time I ever saw you perform, I was 5 years old. It was at a recital for the piano school I was going to. This awkward, clumsy kid came onto the stage and accidentally hit the piano stool with his butt. It was too funny. He turned to the piano that was way too big for him and the moment he played that first note, I was drawn in.

The sound was beautiful, like a 24-colour palette. The melodies danced.

The girl next to me started crying. I wasn't expecting that at all.

And even so, you gave up the piano. Even though it totally changed other people's lives. You're the worst. Indecisive. Gullible. Twit.

(Cut to Sakura as a kid, telling her parents she's giving up piano for violin because she wants Sasuke to play again.)

When I found out we were in the same middle school, I was ecstatic. But how would I ever come to talk to you? Maybe I'd hang out at the lunch concession. Instead, I just watched you from afar.
I mean. After all. You all seemed to get along so well. There wasn't really any space in there for someone like me.
When I was a kid, I had to have an operation and I started having to be at the hospital for regular check-ups. In the first year of middle school, I collapsed and I was admitted over and over. With every visit, I was there for longer and longer. Really, I didn't get to class much in middle school, I spent more time at the hospital. And I knew something was wrong with my body.

One night, I saw my parents crying in the waiting room and I knew that my time was running out.

That's when I ran away.
I didn't want to bring my regrets with me to heaven, so I stopped holding back from what the things I always wanted to do.
I wasn't scared anymore to get contact lenses.
I ate what I wanted instead of always worrying about my weight.
And I took the music with all its high and mighty directives and played it the way I wanted.

And then I told a lie. Just one.
I lied and said that I, Haruno Sakura, liked Uzumaki Naruto.

And that lie brought you to me.

Please apologize to Naruto for me... though I'm sure he's forgotten me by now
I think I need someone more wholehearted and earnest than him. I think we'd be fine as friends though.

And please apologize to Ino for me too.
I want for there to be no hard feelings. And there was one thing I could never ask of her, to ask her directly to introduce the two of us.
I don't think she would've had an answer for me.
After all, she was in love with you.
We all knew that.
I think the only people who didn't know were you and her.
That underhanded lie brought me to you didn't work out the way I had imagined.

It was darker.
And meaner.
And denser.
And more stubborn.
And more perverted.

And softer.
And more masculine.
And sweet.
Remember that bridge we jumped off? The water was so cool and refreshing.
Racing each other alongside the train. I really thought I could win.
The moon was saw from the music room that night, like a delicious-looking bun.
Singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with you as we rode on that bike together. Then falling out time. We're awful singers.
At the school at night. I'm still sure there was something there.
The falling snow, just like cherry blossoms.

It's strange to be a musician, but then to have your heart so filled by something that comes from off-stage
They're unforgettable scenes to me. But they're such little things. It's weird, isn't it?

What do you think?
Do you think I made it into anyone's heart like that?
I wonder if I made it into yours.
I wonder if you'll still remember me.

If you forget me, I'll just come back and..
No, I don't want to start over.
Please don't forget me.
Promise me you won't forget me.

I'm glad it was you.

I hope this reaches you, Uchiha Sasuke.

I love you.
I love you.
I love you.
I'm sorry we couldn't eat all those canelés.
I'm sorry I hit you so much.
I'm sorry I was so selfish.

I'm so, so, so, so sorry.

Thank you for everything.

Haruno Sakura 

Sasuke stared at the letter and tears came down his cheeks. 

She... in all reality, loved him.

That was her lie in April. He thought. Standing up, he looked to the gazebo, where he first saw her.

For a minute, he thought he saw Sakura, waving at him. He waved back. Sakura walked to him a bit closer, and wiped his tears.

Don't cry. I love you. Don't forget me. Sakura said, and with that she vanished. Sasuke looked around desperately, but realized she was gone now. Holding the letter in his hands, he looked at the sky and reached his hand towards it.

"I'll never forget you, Sakura. I love you." He mumbled. 

Sakura looked down and smiled.

_________

Its quick.

I'm sorry. I haven't watched the whole anime, actually read the manga.

I'm sorry.

You don't have to vote and comment. This wasn't that good.