Passed You

Walking towards my best friend house, I gave a cocky grin to no one in particular. My party clothes consisted of a black leather jacket, an orange t-shirt showing a number of 10, black jeans and my party Converse hightops. I stretched, and was ready to get drunk and have fun with my mates, Sasuke Uchiha, Sai Shimura and Sakura Haruno. Sasukes house was located in the wealthy, rich part of Konoha. The October air blew around me and I rubbed my hands from the light cold, looking at the now sunsetting sky, the colors of pink, orange and yellow mixing into a amazing color. The trees around me rustled, and leaves silently fell, littering the pale sidewalk.

Time to party! I thought excitedly. Sasuke's party was all anyone was talking about right now. It was supposed to be the best of season, as Ino said. Then, someone walked passed me, almost in slow motion and my eyes widened as I realized who it may be, and I gritted my teeth. Suddenly, going to the party didn't matter anymore- my excitement for it left in just a matter of seconds. 

I stared after her, my heart wrenching guilt. I stopped and closed my eyes, clenching my fists. Memories flooded past the gates of my brain, making their way to my soul, making me remember how stupid I was all those years ago. The past haunts me at night, and I live with regret of my action every single day.

Knees buckling, I fall into the bench nearby, cursing myself. I finally succumbed to my inner hate and traveled back to when I was seventeen years old.

"I KNOW YOU LOVE HIM!" I roared.

"Please, Naruto-kun! I love you! I don't like Kiba-kun, only as a friend!" My girlfriend, Hinata Hyuga said with alarm showing all over her face. Tears threatened to leak from her eyes, but I didn't care.

"GOD, DO YOU SEE HOW HE LOOKS AT YOU? I SEE HOW YOU LOOK AT HIM. STOP LYING, HINATA!" I yell. Hinatas eyes widened. She rushed over, wrapping her arms around me. 

"Please, please, believe me! I love you, more then anything!" She said in a shaky voice. My eyes narrowed and I shoved her off. Hinata fell to the ground, shocked. Then rage filled her eyes.

"FINE. DON'T BELIEVE ME. AND YOU SHOULD KNOW, YOU'RE NOT THE NARUTO-KUN I LOVED ALL THESE YEARS. SOMETHINGS HAPPENED TO YOU. YOU NEVER TALK TO ME, YOU NEVER LOOK AT ME, YOU NEVER TEXT ME, YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING WITH ME. SO, I'M DONE, NARUTO UZUMAKI! YOU'RE SOMEONE I WILL ALWAYS HATE. YOU'RE NO LONGER NARUTO-KUN TO ME, BUT YOU'RE NOW NARUTO UZUMAKI." Hinata screamed, anger all over her face. I stared in shock, and she walked away.

"FINE. I DON'T CARE ANYWAYS." I holler back. 

Then she turned around. Tears were streaming down her face, and in her eyes, I could see a heart shattered, trust broken. We looked at each other, then she turned around and ran.

I stared after her, and as soon as she was out of sight, I dropped on my knees, howling in pain. 

So every night after that, I get the dream. I'm twenty-two years old. I've had some relationships since then, but no one was like.... like her.

Her sweet scent of lavender still danced under my nose. Her soft, indigo hair; I still felt its wisps touching my fingertips. Her voice was like music to my ears, soft- almost as if it floated with the light breeze of dawn. Her eyes, filled with wonder and love made me close my own and let tears out.

I missed my sweet princess. I still love her. And today, after seeing her after six years, six long, painful, agonizing years, I let her pass me. I let her walk away again.

"It is you." A voice softly said. My eyes shot open. The voice... it was like.... like music.

A face that had pale, beautiful eyes staring at me in curiosity, a framing of long indigo hair blowing lightly in the wind and the scent of lavender swirling around. I slowly got up and stared at her.