Skipping School

"Are we really supposed to do this?"

"Aw, Hinata-chan! We've been best friends since we were four and now were sixteen... you still don't trust me?" 

"Its not that, I just don't want to get in trouble, Naruto-kun. Skipping school is breaking a rule, you know."

"You said you needed to get outta that place, and when I offer you, you're hesitant? I'm offended, Hinata-chan!"

"Oh, all right, I'll get on."

The two best friends got onto Naruto's bike, and ditched the rest of the school day,. It was a norm for the blond young man, but for his best friend... it was her first time.

"Ah, I feel guilty..." Hinata mumbled.

"Now now, you don't need to! Sometimes taking a break is a good thing, ya know?" Naruto cheerfully said. Hinata perked up a bit and hugged Narutos waist a little more for balance. Naruto heart jumped. He was in love with Hinata for almost all his life, but she never showed any interest in him. Hugging his waist and whispering into his ears already made him a bot woozy. To clear his thoughts a bit, he asked Hinata a question.

"Okay! Where shall we go?" Naruto said with a deep breath. Hinata pondered for a bit, then talked.

"Can we go to Tailed Beast Café? They make the best cinnamon rolls!" Hinata cheerfully said. Naruto nodded. A thought crept into his mind, and he smirked.

"Off we go!" With that, Naruto took a sharp turn, splashing through the puddles leftover from last nights thunderstorm. It was a hot September day, the one where you wear a sweater in the morning, but regret in the afternoon type of weather. Hinata let out a small scream and a giggle through each puddle Naruto ran through. The water made the two feel cool and refreshed, and the mood was light and airy.

In just a few moments, they arrived at the café. Naruto got four cinnamon buns, narrowly dodging the cashiers look and question of 'Shouldn't you be in school?' with a smooth reply of 'We got out early. Half day, you see?'. Then he ran, laughing as he exited the little shop. He told Hinata the story, and she burst out laughing.

"Now, I decided to go to the sunflower meadow. Both of us like that place, right?" Hinata nodded and Naruto biked to the nearby field, that was filled with sunflowers. It was where the two became friends and it held significant meaning. Parking the bike, the two hopped off and raced each other to the middle of the meadow, which had a little circle that was cleared. Dropping to the grassy circle, panting, Naruto and Hinata opened the little bakery bag and hungrily ate the delicious rolls.

"Oh man, I forgot how awesome these rolls are!" Hinata said as she moaned. She loved the taste of cinnamon and frosting together. Naruto blushed and slowly chewed his own.

"Hey, Naruto-kun, you okay? You're face is red!" Hinata said bluntly. Naruto shook his head.

"Uh, no, its just because its hot, -ttebayo. Thats why my face may look red, -ttebayo. Yup, -ttebayo." Naruto quickly said. Hinata took another bite and raised her eyebrow.

"Whenever you use -ttebayo more then twice in a sentence, I know you're lying. Fess up, bestie!" Hinata giggled as she took another bite. Naruto looked down and smiled.

"You have frosting on the corner of you're mouth, Hinata-chan." Naruto said. Hinata brushed her hand, but Naruto shook his head.

"Here?"

"Nope."

"Here?"

"Nope."

"Its gotta be here!"

"I'll get it off for you! You really need get you're sense of direction right!" Naruto shakily said. His palms broke in cold sweat as he leaned in and made the motion to brush the "frosting" off, only to lean in for an unexpected kiss. Hinatas eyes widened. Then she pushed Naruto away.

"Wha-What was that?" Hinata said with panic in her voice. Naruto meekly looked down.

"I-I love you. Ever since we met. I-I don't know why, but every time I'm near you, I'm happy." Naruto whispered. He hung his head in shame.

"Oh. Um. I love you too." Naruto shot his head up, eyes dilating. Hinata brushed a piece of her hair away, smiling.

"Ever since we were four too. I.. I just thought you didn't feel the same way, so I pushed it away. So.. uh, its weird to ask, but wanna kiss again?" Hinata said with a blush. Naruto burst out laughing, which Hinata gave a glare at.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Its funny how you asked for permission. But yeah, lets kiss again. I've been wanting to for twelve years, you know." Naruto said.

"Same here, Naruto-kun." Then the two kissed, laughing and talking.... falling into a deeper love then they had felt before.

_______

Short but sweet!

vote comment and request! send in fanart or ideas you'd like me to post or give feedback on!

-Alica Roux