Never

"Hmm, it's a quiet day, huh, Sakura? Only the birds are chirping. I don't even hear any cars." Sasuke mumbled as he stared at the puffy cloud filled sky. No answer came to his words, and he closed his eyes. He was seventeen years old, and the sun warming his face. The cherry tree provided some shade, a breeze rustling around. A perfect day in May.

"That dobe, he's been going out with Hinata Hyūga for a while, no? It's so weird seeing him actually try and look neat for her. But I mean... I did the same for you. I can't blame him." Still no answer. Sasuke lifted himself up and turned to look down at the gravestone beneath him, worn from weather. He brushed off dirt, plucked nearby cherry blossoms and decorated the mark stone. Sasuke traces the words of the stone, etched in forever, and a single tear dropped from his right eye.

Sakura Haruno
Born: March 28 XXXX
Died: April 7 XXXX
A wonderful lady, friend, lover, daughter and sister

"Man, Sakura, why'd you leave so soon. It's been a year since you died. And... and you know what today is?" Sasuke said as more tears fell from his eyes, blurring his vision.

"Today's May fifth. May fifth. R-right h-here, we c-confessed o-our f-feelings... then exactly one year and five days later you got into a damn car crash." Sasuke was now sobbing. Hiccups were getting stuck in his throat, the tears uncontrollable. He was even stuttering at the parts when he confessed his love for her.

"God, Sakura... you tried so hard. It was seven painful hours. SEVEN. Then you died. Your parents were crying a lot, so were Hinata, Naruto and Ino, but me? They said I went berserk. That I didn't believe it. And when I finally accepted your death, I was screaming and hollering and crying and sobbing. I was wishing I could kill that man that murdered you. Thank the lord he's in jail for at least twenty years. He deserves it."

Then Sasuke stopped talking. He couldn't say anything anymore. He just cried and cried. His shirt was sopped with wet, salty tears.

"Sasuke?" A voice called out. Sasuke wipes his tears quickly and turned around, seeing his two best friends, Hinata and Naruto. They looked like they were crying as well.

"Isn't your anniversary today... right?" Naruto asked softly as he sat down next to his oldest friend. Hinata set down flowers she brought and also sat next to Sasuke.

"What do you think?" Sasuke said with a glare in his eyes. Naruto winced and Hinata put her arm around his shoulder.

"He didn't mean it like that, Sasuke." Hinata quietly said. Sasuke looked down in remorse.

"Sorry Naruto... I just... today is a hard day."

"It's okay... we're here for you, -ttebayo."

"He's right, we will be here for you."

Sasuke smiled a watery smile at his friends, who each gave back their signature grins.

"Now, no use of being sad! Tell us stories." Naruto said, smirking at the gravestone. Hinata gave a sly smile as well.

"What? Stories?" Sasuke asked in confusion. Naruto and Hinata looked at each other, then looked at Sasuke.

"You know... the dates and kisses and the, ahem.." Hinata said, smiling. Naruto gave a foxy smile, while Sasuke turned red.

"W-we..." Sasuke started off, but Naruto cut him off, waving his finger.

"Uh uh uh! I know you two did ahem. No need to deny it teme." Naruto said. Sasuke narrowed his eyes, giving a harsh glare.

"Imma get you for this, ursorantokatchi!" Sasuke yelled as he got up, Naruto already running away.

"SEE YOUR NOT EVEN DENYING IT! THAT MEANS IT HAPPENED!" Naruto hollers, Sasuke swearing as he ran after him. Hinata burst into giggles, looking at her best friends gravestone.

"Hmm, Saku-chan. Your gonna tell me everything when I get up there, and no excuses!" Hinata said as she grinned, then ran after Sasuke and Naruto.

Hmm, Hinata? I'm sure I will....

————————————————-

This one made me cry, sorry if it was short. I hope the happy ending help made it better.

Well you know the routine.... vote comment and request but no dirty ones.

Love you all!

-Alica Roux