Chapter XXXI: The Guest

I stared at her. She had dark blonde, almost brown hair. Her eyes were odd. I couldn't really tell what color they were. She looked innocent, too innocent if you asked me. Sienna stared just as hard as I did. We were trying to figure her out. She'd shown up about five this morning, dirty and homeless looking. Sienna had said she wasn't human so we took her in and cleaned her up. Now, we were trying to figure out what to do with her. No one knew her, and she wouldn't talk. I opened my mouth to say something, but Sienna covered it with her hand, silencing me.

"Can you talk?" She asked the girl.

She shook her head.

I licked my sister's hand.

She squeeled with disgust and jumped away from me. "Serenity! I'm going to get rabies or something now!"

I kept my attention on the girl and not Sienna's complaints. "You hungry?"

She nodded.

I gestured for her to follow me and led her out of Mr. Benson's old office. Since it was breakfast time, everyone was already eating. The mystery girl grabbed two slices of pizza, an apple, and some Oreos. I grabbed a handful of the same cookies and a Mt. Dew. We walked back to the room Sienna was in.

"Since when did they start serving junk for breakfast?" Sienna asked, snagging a cookie before I could bite off her hand.

"Since I told the cooks today was pizza day." I stuffed two Oreos in my mouth and attempted to chew. It was a hard task, but, man, it was worth it. I told Sienna that we should let the girl socialize, but she couldn't understand me. Possibly because it came out sounding like, "Mm ood et uh erl ocialmm."

"I'm going to guess that you want to take her out?" My sister guessed.

I nodded, trying not to choke on the food in my mouth.

"No. We need to give her some time to eat in peace before--"

Too late. At the exact moment, Erin and Raelande Jo walked in, cutting Sienn's sentance short.

"Who the fuck is that?" Raelande Jo demanded. She took a deep breath, circling our guest.

"She's the enemy's undercover assassin." Erin told her. She took a hunting knive out from under the leg of her pants. The thing was huge and looked razor sharp.

"Erin, no!" Sienna exclaimed, trying not to use her Alpha tone.

Erin stopped, mid-stab. "She's a spy."

"No she's not! We found her looking like she'd just run away from something, or someone, horrible."

"Exactly. That's, like, the oldest trick in the book. I bet her voice will give her away." She punched the girl in her stomach with enough force to even make me groan in sympathetic pain.

The girl silently screamed and started crying, not making a sound.

"She can't talk!" Sienna and I yelled angrly.

"She's totally faking it! I had to learn the same thing in training!"

"Erin, just stay away from her." Sienna said.

I helped the girl sit in a chair at the desk and set her food in front of her. She'd eat once the pain subsided.

"Her goal is to make me look like the bad guy. Its her job to seperate the assassin from the Alpha." Erin argued.

"Just stop." I said, earning a surprised look. "We need to act like adults now. You can't go around accusing people of things that aren't true. Either leave, or step up and like you're supposed to."