Chapter IX: Seperation

Okay guys, this chapter didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it... But I uploaded it anyway. Hope you like it!

The rest of our time at the mall was a blast. We went to almost every store, buying little things here and there. When lunch time came, we finally let go of each other's hands long enought to get in the lines for food we wanted. Lulu wanted to get come kind of gross sushi stuff and I wanted pizza. The pizza line was surprisingly short so it didn't take me long to get my food and sit. Lulu was standing behind three other people, so I started eating alone. I hadn't even taken a bite yet when I was interupted. A smug looking jock sat in the seat opposite of me, a smirk on his face. I took a sip of my orange soda.

"I didn't say you could sit there." I told him in a bored tone.

His smile faltered. He obviously wasn't used to getting that kind of reaction from girls. "I just couldn't help but notice that you were sitting alone. You looked pretty lonely from where I was standing."

I smiled when I saw Lulu step up behind the testosterone dripping jock. The jock thought I was smiling at him. What a moron.

"She's not sitting alone." Lulu said, startling the guy sitting across from me.

The guy stood up. "Dude, I saw her first. Get lost."

"You didn't see shit. That is my girlfriend."

Butterlies errupted in my stomach at the word girlfriend. The jock backed down, muttering apologies. He didn't even look back at me as he left. Lulu sat down and grumpily started eating. I just smiled at him when he looked at me. I knew he wouldn't be able to stay in a bad mood. A few mintues after I started eating, I was interupted yet again.

"Excuse me?" A hesitant voice said.

With a sigh, I turned around, expecting another hot headed guy. "What?" I snapped before actually seeing who was stading there. Who I did see though, surprised me. "Bria? Iris?" I jumped up only to be nearly tackled to the ground by the squeeling girls.

"We missed you!" Bria said.

"You never returned our calls or texts!" Iris exclaimed.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. I've just been really busy with the new school." I told her. "I just turned my phone on today."

"You mean it was actually off?" Bria asked, shocked.

"Yeah. That thing is usually glued to my hands." I said, joining in with their laughter. Lulu stepped up beside me and took my hand in his, lacing our fingers together. "Girls, this is Lulu my boyfriend. Lulu, this is Bria and Iris."

They both looked at him with odd expressions.

He sighed. "My name isn't really Lulu, its Lucien. Serenity just insists on calling me Lulu."

The girls giggled.

"That sounds like our Ser." Bria said, smiling. "She makes up nicknames for everyone close to her. When we were younger, she used to call Iris Rissy. Bria is actually my nickname. My Full name is Abriana."

"Well I tried getting her to call me Luke like everyone else, but she is just too stubborn." He nuzzled my neck and pressed his lips on the soft spot below my ear.

It made me giggle a little before I blushed and looked shyly back over at my friends. They had expressions that I'd only ever seen on them when they watched the Titanic or The Notebook.

"You guys are so cute together!" Bria exclaimed.

"You two are perfect for each other." Iris cried, swiping at fake tears.