Chapter XXVIII: Breathe

{Text} means italic, for all you mobile readers.

Emerging from the bathroom was a little awkward. People were staring and whispering. Others were smiling knowingly. My face was hot with blush. Lucien, on the other hand, was grinning like a fool. His walk was confident and he didn't look the slightest bit angry. Grandpa was leaning against the car. I guess he moved it back over to his tent while we were in the bathroom. His arms were crossed and he was frowning.

"I really don't know what just happened." I blurted out.

Lucien slung an arm around my shoulder. "I could show you again."

"It's perfectly normal." Grandpa told me, ignoring Lucien's comment. "It eventually happens to every mated couple if they have spent a long time apart. It will happen a few more times before your wolves settle down."

Was this conversation really taking place? I covered my face with my hands. Suddenly, I was taken into darkness 

{I spun around, making sure not to make eye contact. "Dude, stop staring at me!"

The people around me stopped what they were doing and gawked at me, like they couldn't believe what I had just done. He walked up to me, a weird look on his face. He gently grasped my chin and made me look at him. I promptly closed my eyes, even though my whole body screamed in protest. I wanted to run away. I wanted to kick his ass for touching me. But I didn't; I couldn't.

Mine, something in me whispered. Mine... Mine...

"Hey, let go of my sister!" Stone snarled. He hated it when guys touched me.

"Open your eyes." Lucien pleaded. I expected him to order me to, not to plead.}

I was shaking, or rather, being shook. My blured vision cleared and I saw Lucien's worried face. His lips were moving, but I couldn't hear anything. I was dragged back into the dark.  

{I shook my head, still giggling as I escaped from Lucien's grasp and went back into my room. He followed me in and closed the door behind him. I crawled under my blankets and closed my eyes. My bed dipped under his weight.

"My bed is cold now." I complained, opening my eyes.

Lucien smiled. "You want me to-"

Before he could finish his sentance, I pulled him down and yanked the covers over our heads. I cuddled into his side and looked up at him. "There, that's much better."}

The vision shifted.

{ I slowly walked the rest of the way to Lulu's dorm. He told me that he would be here if I needed him. I knocked on the door softly. There were muffled voices from the other side of the door. A few more seconds passed before the door finally opened. Eddy stood there in all his cocky glory.

"Good evening. What can I help you with, Miss. Serenity Sin?" He asked.

I tipped my head to the side and cocked a hip. "What's your full first name?"

He mumbled something I didn't catch.

"What was that?"

"Edward!" He exclaimed, storming back into Lucien's room.

I laughed, stumbling in after him. "Edward? Really?"

Lucien sat up from his bed, a smile on his face. "I sense a lot of Twilight jokes in your future, Eddy."

He groaned and slumped down into a chair.}

I was back at the race tracks. My head was resting in Lucien's lap and Grandpa was leaning over me with an empty cup in his hand. My face was wet and a little cold. I could finally hear what Lucien was saying.