Chapter XXII: Secrets

On Monday morning, I had to get up for school. Well, I didn't have to, but I insisted on it. My mom wanted me to stay home for two more weeks to heal enough so I wouldn't need crutches. Dad took my side, she gave up, and here I am gettting ready for school. I dressed in pants and a loose shirt. I've been working out non-stop to try and lose the weight I had gained, but there wasn't even the slightest difference. Every time I started doing sit-ups, either my stomach started cramping or my mom would yell at me. I was stuck with push-ups and running; they were the only things I could do without getting yelled at.

Mom drove me to school, saying something about how buses are dangerous. I just went along with it, because I didn't feel like arguing. She dragged me to the principal's office with her, making him and me understand that I wasn't to do anything majorly physical. If I did, we were both in trouble. I was able to get all my old classes back, which meant after leaving the principal's office, I went straight to geometry.

"Serenity? What are you doing here?" Mrs. Banner asked, pushing her thick glasses up further on her nose.

"Learning geometry." I stated, sitting in an empty desk.

"You back for good, Sin?"

I turned slightly, making sure my ears were working right. I guess they were, because Michael Zell was looking stright at me. He was one of the hottest guys that went to this school. Every girl wanted to date him. I had to admit, he made me want to lick him all over. His skin was honey colored from all the outdoor sports he did. His blonde hair and green eyes were just the icing on the cake. He was ripped. Like, make-you-drool muscles. His back was even a pleasant sight.

"You single, Zell?" I ask in reply. He hadn't had a girlfriend in a year, so I already knew the answer.

A smirk broke out onto his face. "For you I am."

"Alright you two. This is not a time for that." Mrs. Banner snapped.

The rest of class was full of flirting and maybe a little math in the mix. When the bell rang for the end of class, Michael carried my bag and walked me to class. I spent most of my next period just day dreaming. Michael had flirted with me before, but not this much. It was probably because my brothers weren't breathing down his neck about touching me.

"Hey, do you have a pencil I can borrow?" Someone asked, breaking me away from my thoughts. I looked over to my left and saw a new girl. She had light brown hair that was in choppy layers with purple streaks. "I'm Erin, by the way."

I handed her a pencil brom my back pack. "I'm Serenity."

"What happened to your leg?" She asked.

"Car accident." I told her.

"Sucks."

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'. "So, when did you start going to school here?"

"About a month ago. Me and two others transfered here from a private school."

"Serenity, I understand that it's your first day back and you're excited, but please stop interupting my class." Mr. Lenn said in his monotone voice.

I sighed. These teachers blame me for everything when I'm around. "Yes, sir."

My whole day was like that. I met two other new people before lunch. One's name was Kes. She had dark brown hair and green-blue eyes and was short. She had to only be 5 foot 2. The other one was... Tony I think. He was huge, in muscle and height. It sort of looked like he took seroids. Bria and Iris told me that there was another boy transfering in a few weeks. They said that he was Erin's boyfriend. By the end of the day, I'd gotten into three arguments with two different teachers, detention tomorrow after school, and made three new friends.