Chapter XXX: Caught In The Act

The students in the crowd roared. Even though the noise was obviously hurting everyone's ears, including mine, they continued to cheer. They were all overjoyed with the fact that they no longer had to live in their parents' shadows. One look from Sienna had every silngle person silent. My ears were ringing almost painfully. Lucien kissed the top of my head and pulled me close. The boy that had ahold of my sister also kissed her. Was he her mate?

"Parents that are passing down jobs or rankings, line up." Sienna ordered. They did. "Now, students that will be taking their ranks or jobs, stand in front of them." They also did as she said, but were more excited that their parents were. "Take what's rightfully yours."

They all started talking at once. "As Next," they said their rank or job, "I relieve you of your position for the safety and well-being of the pack and all its members."

All of the parents fell to their knees, gasping. The mothers were hurt, the fathers were enraged. Everyone, excluding the adults, seemed more mature in some way. They all almost glowed with power and energy. A few guys pounded their chests. A few others stripped and shifted into wolf form. It took them about ten minutes before they were fully changed and over the pain in their body's. The grils that had mates were all over them, pretty much eating their faces. It looked like the starting of some huge orgy.

Lucien's mom approched me. "Darling, do you know the consequences of taking my power?"

I shook my head. I don't know anything at the moment.

"I'll fill you in, since you haven't got a clue of what I'm saying. You will not want to leave the bedroom for anything. Every female that even glances at Luke will instantly become an enemy. Humans think that the male is the possesive one, but that is wrong. You will be the most possesive young woman ever. You won't take a no from Lucien when you want something, and that includes making love." She smiled gently when I flinched at her last sentance.

"I doubt I will say no to Ser." Lucien said.

"Oh, trust me, you will before she's done claiming you. Your father did, his father, and so on, they all eventually said no." She turned back to me. "You are going to want children, which is why I'm going to give you this." I was terrified that she was going to hand me a hand full of condoms. But she didn't, thankfully. Instead, she produced a wide strand of crystal blue ribbon. "This has been past down for many generations. When wearing it, you can't get pregnant."

I was about to ask her how a ribbon was going to stop a pregnancy, but she silenced me.

"I cannot explain what I know you don't believe. You'll have to trust me. Now, turn around and lift your hair." I did as she said. She tied the blue ribbon around my neck. She took my hair from my hands when she was done and placed it back around my shoulders. I turned back around. "Go ahead. Take your power." She took a step back and held her head high, closing her eyes.

"I'm just Lucien's mate, I don't have power." I said, confused.

The small woman's eyes snapped open. She did something I never expected of such a gental and proper lady. She punched me in the face. Lucien and I were too stunned to even react. I didn't even feel the pain I knew came with a split lip.

"What do you mean you have no power?!"

Her angered voice caught Kes's attention. She sauntered over with a calculated look on her face. "Serenity, the Beta and their mate are just as important as the Alpha and their's. If we still lived in the eighteen hundreds, you, as well as them, would be considered royalty. You still kind of are. You have power over everyone, except for Sienna and Jaxon. But, right now, since you haven't taken your power from Mrs. Porter, you're just a werewolf. You don't even have a rank yet."