Chapter XXXII: Hard as Stone

HELLO!!! I know it has been MONTHS since my last update on anything, but I had the WORST case of writers block and I apologize deeply. I hope everyone likes this chapter. Thanks to all of you who stayed with me even though I pretty much dropped off the face of the earth!

By the next week, everyone's wolf had taken them over. It was a scary sight. Every time a male even glanced at another male's mate, a fight to the death almost broke out. Lucien had already been in over ten fights. I had gotten bored with counting all of them and gave up. My wolf didn't even try to calm him down anymore. Even she was frustrated with him.

"Beta?" She said. Lucien faced us, signaling for her to speak. "My human and I are against your fighting." Whoa! I didn't think she would actually say anything about it. She's been keeping quiet about it this whole time. I brushed off the 'my human' thing, even though it kinda made me want to punch her.

Something in his eyes changed. I was convinced he was going to back hand us like some cheap slut. Boy, was I wrong. He enveloped us in a tight hug and wouldn't let go. My wolf was just as surprised as I was. He let go and dropped down to one knee, making my heart leap into my throat. He took our hand in both of his and bowed his head.

"Please forgive me." He begged. His voice just then sounded familiar in a way I couldn't place.

"Of course we will." She said. "Now, we must gather information on the mute she-wolf." Damn, she sure did know how to take charge.

"Yes, mate."

Lucien followed behind as we walked to Sienna's office. We entered, getting a few glances from the people inside. The mute girl, Cora, was sitting in front of everyone, writing out answers of the questions being asked. Ashton filled Lucien and I in on what she had told them. Since he was lower ranking, his eyes never met ours. They were trained on the carpeted floor, never once glancing up. I wasn't paying much attention, since I couldn't do anything, but my wolf was taking in every word my brother said. Eventually, he stopped talking and, after being dismissed, returned to Kes's side. Since no one was in control of themselves, everyone was boring. Every day that passed was nearly exactly the same. Sienna mostly stayed here in her office with that Jaxon guy by her side. Cora was always answering questions or telling some kind of information that may or may not matter in one way or another.

Some shouting came from the hall. All the guys in the room spun around, ready to fight and protect their mates. Sienna, being Alpha, pratically broke down the door to get out and see what was happening. Seconds after, she, Mom, and Dad walked calmly through the door. Apparently Dad was the one yelling, because he still was.

"--shouldn't be running things around here yet!" He stopped and glared at everyone in the room. Even though he and mom used to be the Alphas, they were no longer high ranking wolves. All of the parents that had powers taken from them, are now the lowest rankings. But, that doesn't mean they get treated like crap. Mom and Dad are still treated with respect by others because of their old status.

Mom came over to me and put a hand under my chin, forcing me to look at her in the eye. My wolf didn't like not having a choice in the matter, but didn't do anything about it because of who was doing it. Our eyes locked and I couldn't look away. When she knew I wouldn't be breaking the gaze, she backed up a few steps and then threw some weird dust on me. At first nothing happened and everyone just stood around looking at mom with curiosity, then suddenly, my eyes closed and I fell from my standing position to the floor, no longer awake. I felt as though I was just laying with my eyes closed, but I couldn't move or open them. There was growling that I had come to easily recognize as Lucien's. After a few minutes of yelling, I finally passed out.

Stone's P.O.V

I had been acting as if my wolf had taken over just like everyone else's. I didn't need another reason to feel left out. My sisters had found their mates and were happy. Well, Sienna was happy. I wasn't so sure about Serenity. She just hasn't been the same since she lost her memory. Both of my brothers have their mates as well. I know for a fact that they're both more than happy. I was the last one; the only Sin child that hadn't yet found their true love, mate, or whatever you want to call it. I had been pretending for the sake of my family that I was perfectly fine and nothing was bothering me. I wasn't going to admit that I was lonely to anyone, especially my siblings because they all already had enough on their plates. Sienna was too busy running an entire pack. Serenity was too wrapped up in herself and trying to remember everything. Andon wasn't really around in the first place. He and Trace were only really ever seen for meals. Ashton's attention was purely centered around Kes. He didn't do much besides any and everything she wanted. And then there was me. I didn't have a mate, or even a place in the pack. I was allowed into Sienna's office, but all I did was sit around and listen to her talk about other people's problems and what we are going to do if we're attacked again. Hanging around any of my friends that I had made while attending this school was pointless. They were more focused on other guys laying eyes on their mates.