⁅ Chapter Seven ⁆

{{So like, I decided Niles ish gonna be (Y/n)'s bff or some shit since now that I added him to the story I don't know what to do with the poor sweet boy. :')}}

   "Hey, (Y/n)!" With a flickering L.E.D that quickly turned back to the blue at the sound of her given name, (Y/n)'s eyes fluttered open to stare over at Connor and Hank standing outside the elevator they were just in.
   Niles had been dropped off on the way to the scene at the precinct so he could file some reports on his own man case he was working on at the moment.
   "You run outta batteries or what?" Hank asked in his usual gruff voice, one of his thick grey eyebrows raised up in questioning, while Connor sort of just elbowed his father's side a bit at what he said.
   "I'm sorry, I was making a report to CyberLife." (Y/n) explained why she was doing what she was beforehand, still not moving and standing in the back of the elevator.

   "Uh..." That was the only thing that left Hank's mouth, before silence filled the air and Connor and Hank both just stared at (Y/n) who still remained stiff in place.
   "Do you plan on staying in the elevator?" A small smile quirked it's way onto Connor's lips, a playful gleam in his chesnut eyes as he observed (Y/n).
   "No! I'm coming." She responded quickly, and Hank shook his head before he walked down the left hallway away from the elevator.
   "Well, c'mon (Y/n)." Connor held his hand out to the female android, a gesture she still wasn't too familiar with. So she was reluctant a bit before she stepped out of the elevator and let her hand gently grasp onto his own, before she was tugged in Hank's direction with him.

╓─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ╖

Question the suspect

╙─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ╜

   "So, what do we know about this guy?" Connor asked while walking with (Y/n), his eyes moving to look at her from the corner of them. His hand gave hers a soft squeeze, and (Y/n)'s Thirium pump began to act up a bit again.
   "Not much. Just that a neighbor reported that he heard strange noises coming from this floor." She stated, her eyes trailing somewhere else as she stopped in her tracks, causing Connor to stop as well and look over at her completely.
   (Y/n) crouched down the ground while a pair of brown orbs watched all her movements. Her (E/c) hues landed on a pile of what could only be assumed as bird feathers.

╔════════════════╗

Feathers

Columba livia: rock pigeon
Comprised of different specimens

╚════════════════╝

   "Nobody's supposed to be living here, but the neighbor said he saw a man hiding an LED under his cap." (Y/n) continued speaking as she stood back up from the ground, and continued walking with her hand still tightly clasped in Connor's.
   "Oh Christ, if we have to investigate every time someone hears a strange noise, we're gonna need more cops." Hank groaned, having apparently been listening to (Y/n)'s little debriefing. "Hey, were you really makin' a report back there in the elevator? Just by closing your eyes?"
   "Correct." It was a brief response, one that made a smile pick back up on Connor's lips as he looked over in slight awe. Androids truly were fascinating with the way they operated and what they could do so easily.

   "Shit... Wish I could do that..." Hank said in front of the two, earning a small nod from Connor even though his father couldn't see it.
   "It'd make work at the DPD a lot easier..." The brunette mumbled, his eyes looking all over the place at how run down it was.
   They all stopped at a door, and (Y/n)'s hand slipped out of Connor's as she raised it to knock onto the door, missing the slight disappointment that appeared on his features.