xix

Sorn
1:58 AM

I stood some feet away from Jaeyoon and Hwitaek behind the nightclub where they decided to talk but I could hear what they were talking about even though I probably shouldn't. All I know is that this Jaeyoon guy is real pissed. He doesn't even realize I was there.

"What are you doing here, hyung?" Jaeyoon asked after checking surroundings.

"I just wanted to see the band perform before I leave Seoul." Hwitaek replied in a calm voice. He's the opposite of Jaeyoon.

"Showing up here when you've just withdrawn from the band with that face? Hyung, do you even think about us? What if there's someone who recognizes you? This will create articles and it will ruin us forever!"

Woah, this kid is something else. Bad kind of something. To my disbelief, Hwitaek lowered his head. "I'm sorry, Jaeyoon-ah. I wasn't thinking."

"Just go home, huh, hyung? Stop getting in trouble or other people in trouble." He said and walked past Hwitaek with the aura of victory. He walked as if he was some kind of superstar. I tucked my hair behind my ear and approached him.

"Oppa!" I said in the cutest way I could that even the night sky would cringe. Hwitaek looked at me wide-eyed. I winked at him quickly and smiled up at Jaeyoon who looked somewhat nervous. "Oppa! I'm the band's biggest fan!" Which sounded pretty lame even to me because I don't even know what the band name is. "But, where is Hwitaek oppa? Why didn't I see him? Hm, I really became a fan because of his voice."

Jaeyoon started giving me this annoyed expression but he smiled through it. "Miss—"

"But you did well tonight, oppa!" I said still smiling like crazy.

He began smiling too. "Thank y—"

"But I think Hwitaek oppa is still the better front man. No, I'm not saying you're not good enough but you know, there must be a reason why Hwitaek oppa is the front man, right? Woah, his impact is really something!"

Jaeyoon cleared his throat with that fake smile again. "Excuse me, miss, I have to go. Do you want a sign or something?"

I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips. "Sure." I said, searching for a black marker in my backpack and handing it to him. "Here,"

He took it with a smirk and asked, "Where do you want me to sign?"

"Can you copy Hwitaek oppa's sign too?"

His lips trembled in annoyance I loved it. "I'm sorry. I can't."

"Then, sign on my arm, please." He signed my inner arm and gave me back the marker.

"I'm going." He said still with the fake smile but I heard him mutter, "Sasaeng." as he left.

"Oppa, I'll post it on Instagram that I met you at the back of a nightclub! Thank you!" I said loudly. He froze and turned back to me, hands clenched. I just smiled at him. "Miss, please don't do that. Oppa will get in trouble." He said with his Colgate smile.

I sighed and let my smile fade away. "What to do? That's what I want."

His jaw dropped. "Miss—"

"Have a good night! Next time treat people with manners." I said and acted as if I was leaving first. I shot Hwitaek a look to follow me later. He was looking at me in bewilderment.

I thought he won't show up anymore as I walked even slower on the sidewalk but then I saw him jogging towards me. "You didn't have to do that." He said later.

"He was being an asshole. Besides, isn't there truth in what I said? Isn't the reason why you were the front man and not him was because you sing better than him?"

He sighed shaking his head. "Sorn..."

"Hwitaek-ssi," I called looking at him with my arms cross on my chest. "I have a wish. Can you grant it?"

Our eyes locked as he looked up. "What is it?"

He asked and I said, "Sing for me."