v

Sorn
8:39 PM

I was running with the fastest speed I could make with my feet and legs towards the train station when I saw a man standing on the railings of the river.

"What the fuck?" I muttered. I doubled my speed just as I heard him say, "I'm ready."

I quietly inched close to him, trying to catch my breath. "Ready for what?" I asked and for goodness' sake, my heart must have stopped beating when he fell. I felt myself scream but I couldn't hear anything.

The stranger was gripping on the railings. I looked down at him wide-eyed. "Take my hand." I said.

But he didn't seem to hear me.

"Hey! Take my hand! Now! Don't you dare die on me! I will be miserable for the rest of my life! And I'm miserable enough!"

It must be my yelling that made him look up. A tear rolled down his cheek and I don't know why my heart broke even more than it already is.

I extended my hand to him. "Please," I said more calmly.

He slowly brought his other hand to mine. I gripped it as if I was the one holding for my life. "I won't let you go." I said.

His weight dragged on me. "Now," I said, swallowing. "Carefully, boost your body up."

He nodded, but as he did, his other hand lost its grip on the railing. He winced in pain.

"Ohmygod." I muttered.

"Just let me go." He said with dead calmness.

"You're crazy! I told you not to die on me!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face, down to his own skin. With that, he looked up again. "Up!" I yelled again.

I felt like my roots and bones would be cut in two. "I carry all kinds of heavy stuff so don't worry! I can lift you up!"

He gripped on the railing again. "Now if you could just boost yourself up a little, you can place your foot on the bridge." I said, pulling him up until his one foot was on the bridge. "Another." And the other too. He's standing now on the other side of the railing but I didn't let go of his hand. "Now, come here."

I let out a breath once he's back where I'm standing. He sat on the ground. I sat beside him, feeling the pain of my arms.

We remained in silence. I tried to catch my breath. "You... son of a bitch." I said, breathless.

He looked at me and a small smirk formed his lips, and then he laughed and laughed.
He must have gone crazy. Life is that hard.