epilogue

One year later
Sorn

"Congratulations, eonni!" My younger sister, Minnie, said excitedly before hugging me. Bambam, my younger brother, extended his hand that's holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers and said, "For you. You've worked hard." He said, trying to be cool. I smiled and ruffled both of their heads and hugged them together.

Wearing my graduation robe with two of the most precious people in my life, I looked up the skies being so bright and blue. One year ago feels like yesterday and I didn't think I would be here now. Mom, Dad, are you proud of me?

"How did you manage to come here, eonni? I know it's been so hard for you. You're so strong." Minnie said.

"Someone told me before that if there's something you really want to do, don't let anyone or anything stop you from doing it. That person... had been through many mountains that made him feel like he couldn't climb them. He inspired me so much." I said with a nostalgic look on my face that made my siblings tease me again.

"Aye, is this the guy you're always drawing?" Bambam asked.

"Right! There's a guy you're always drawing!" Minnie agreed.

I just grinned, hugging my diploma now in my arms. "I wonder if he really managed to climb the mountains after all. I'm rooting for him."

***

Hwitaek

"Hyung, how do you feel? Are you nervous?" Hyojong asked me with a teasing grin. I bounced on my feet some more. "How can I not be?" I asked.

"Aye, hyung, just be honest. You've worked so hard for this. You should be proud!" He said and when I didn't seem to calm down, he sighed and patted my shoulder. "Hyung, listen to me, this is the song you wrote about someone important to you. This is the song that was rejected over and over by different agencies. This is the song that nobody else believed in but you and me. And this is the same song that charted in TOP 5 HITS for the whole week. You made it, hyung. You did that."

Finally, the bouncing stopped and there's a smile on my lips. Dammit, he's right. I should be proud. "I can do this! It's not like I haven't been on TV before."

Hyojong laughed. "Right! And what if she sees the show?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

I couldn't help the smile on my face from widening. "Stop already."

The emcee finally called me in the press con. As I walked through the flashing cameras of the reporters and the curious stares, my heart starts to beat so loud in my chest. This is it. This is the day I've been waiting for and been dreaming about.

I sat in front where the boy group I've given my song to were seated too. "Lee Hwitaek is a former band member of Friction, now returning as a producer of the hit ballad song, Stay With Me by Pentagon." The emcee introduced. I felt like there were more camera flashes and more reporters typing on their laptops. Friction has become very popular now, that must be why. "Now, Hwitaek-ssi will be answering some questions for the fans of the hit song Stay With Me."

***

Sorn

My siblings and I were eating at the bistro near the train station where Hwitaek and I once ate. I've come to this place several more times after that night that it has become familiar. "Now, Hwitaek-ssi will be answering some questions for the fans of the hit song Stay With Me..."

I almost choked on my food as I glanced at the TV and saw him. It felt like my whole world stopped.

"What is that? Change the channel!" Someone else said to the owner.