xxii

Hwitaek
2:15 AM

Sorn looked at her watch. "We have about two hours to change it before another day officially starts." She said.

"Sorn..."

She smiled at me and I just stared at her so close to me, but that smile was so innocent that I shook my head because she has no idea what she's doing to me. "Then, Hwitaek-ssi, tonight, you almost killed yourself. We shared dinner. You almost got yourself killed because of me. We went to see your old band in a nightclub. We danced together and you just sang for me. Now, what can we possibly do to turn this into the best night of our lives?" She asked with sparkle in her eyes.

Sorn's first idea is to go back inside the nightclub because she said she felt a little haggard and she needed to wash up and change her clothes. I waited for her outside. She only took a few minutes. "Hwi~" she called playfully. I turned my head towards her voice and she was smiling at me. I blinked twice. She's really wearing a blue sundress and her hair seemed to have been brushed but still down. Her eyeglasses were nowhere to be found.

"Woah, you..." I couldn't help but say, "You look beautiful."

She shrugged. "Eh, don't lie." She said waving her hand nonchalantly. "Have you called a cab?"

I nodded. "But it's true. You look cute."

"Stop it." She warned.

I chuckled. "Sorn, learn to accept compliments when you get them."

She sighed. "Okay, you have to stop."

"Why?"

"It's weird."

"What's weird?"

"I never thought of myself as beautiful. And no guy ever told me I am either. So, it's weird that you're saying that. It's not only that... I get this weird feeling but I'd rather not talk about that." She said avoiding my gaze. She frowned and gave me a quick glance. "And stop looking at me like that."

I stood next to her as she continued to stare at the road. I put my hands in the pockets of the hoodie I was wearing. "Well, you are. Your eyes are so round and your eyelashes are so long. You have really cute bangs and really cute... lips." I cleared my throat. "And you are cool, Sorn." I said awkwardly giving her a thumb up.

She hissed, but now smiling. "Aish, I told you to stop it!"

"I can't. You have to know." I said beaming.

Our cab came and I don't know why my heart beats a little louder this time. I didn't have caffeine in my body and it's so damn late but sleepiness is nowhere to be found in my system. I looked at Sorn and caught her looking at me. She muttered under her breath and closed her eyes. The smile on my lips felt like they would be there forever.

_____

a/n:

ps. pls check out (g)i-dle's comeback 'HANN' ♡