xii

Hwitaek
10:28 PM

I was walking on the platform of the train station to look at the next train available. I found the board and found out that the earliest arrival is four in the morning. I should have just listened to Hyojong. Now I can't go back there. First, I don't want to look like a joke. Second, I just want to leave everything behind.

Today had been too much.

I searched for my earphones in my duffel bag to listen to some music when I heard a familiar scream.

"Let me go!"

My neck almost snapped as I turned my head sharply towards the opposite platform. I squinted my eyes and saw two figures: a girl and a huge man dragging her. My eyes widened. "Sorn?" I muttered and made a quick run for the stairs but then I realized that would be a longer route. I sighed and ran across the train rails just as it was announced that a cargo train is coming soon. Ha. Well, screw it.

"You'll regret this for the rest of your life! I swear! I'm a bad kisser, you asshole!" Sorn screamed even louder. I didn't think anymore. I grabbed the huge man by the neck and pulled him away from Sorn.  

"Who the f—"

"She asked you to let go. I can't let you kill her. She saved my life." I said and pulled his neck tighter with my arm, but then he flips me over as if I weighed nothing.

"Nooo!" Sorn exclaimed and reached for her bag. The man approached me with glinting eyes as if he's ready to kill me any second now. So, this is how I die. I'll die saving the person who saved me from killing myself. The irony.

I think my nose broke when the man threw his first punch on my face. I haven't even recovered from the pain in my lower back when he threw me on the hard ground. "This is none of your business, kid." He growled in a deep voice as he threw another punch, and some more without giving me a chance to fight back. I began to see stars. No, not the ones in the night sky. Stars just above my head and not far away. I shook my head and kicked the man on his groin which only made him angrier. I tried to get a look of Sorn and she's talking to someone on the phone. I hope that's the cops because really, I'm dying here for her.

The man slammed the bottle of alcohol he was holding on the ground, liquid splashed through, and then he aimed it towards me. Oh no, I hope he stabs me in the somewhere not vital, not on the face either. He raised it and then lowered it towards me when a piercing shriek filled the station, "STOOOOP!" Sorn screamed louder than I ever heard before. This, at least, bought me time to look at her again. She looked even more miserable now than when I first met her.

Her eyes were wide and wild. She slowly approached the man. "Stop. I'll come with you. Come on." She said more calmly.

What the hell? I was about to open my mouth to speak when she shot me a look that just made me shut my mouth. What is she doing? She can't end up saving my life every time.

The man got off me and approached Sorn, still with the broken bottle. "You will?" He asked.

Sorn nodded. "Yeah, let's just leave." She spoke softly despite the fear in it that she tried so hard to hide.

She was rigid when the man ran a hand on her cheek. The disgusting son of a bitch. I tried to get up but the blows he punched on me were strong and I felt like my bones have been cracked on all the wrong places.

"Alright, let's go." The creep said and took her hand.

But as they were leaving, the sounds of the sirens filled the place. Lights of red and blue flickered before my eyes.

"You called the cops!" The man said in disbelief. I crawled until I was up on my two feet. "I can't believe you called the cops, you bitch!" He said angrily and aimed to stab her with the broken bottle. I pushed myself towards them with all the strength I have left and shoved Sorn away as I felt the bottle sink on my skin.

____

A/N: very very sorry for not updating for a few days! i just got my new phone so i'll make up for it! thank u guys for reading this story!!