xiii

Sorn
10:59 PM

There's a ringing in my ears as I fell to the ground and I heard Hwitaek's gasp. The cops rushed to the perpetrator and handcuffed him, but everything happens in the background. All I could see was Hwitaek clutching his stomach that was bleeding and the bottle with his blood on his side.

No, I thought, he can't die because of me.

I crawled towards him, not minding the scratches on my knees. "Hwitaek-ssi," I called, cupping his cheeks. Our eyes locked. His handsome face was filled of bruises. "Listen," I said when he seemed to be sleepy. "You can't close your eyes! You couldn't die on me! So, you won't die because of me, do you understand?"

His lips curved in a slight smile. There was a crack there too. "Please," I muttered and held his hand tighter. And then I was being pulled away from him by the medics. Someone checked up on me and performed a first aid. But I was totally fine physically except for the scratches on my knees when I crawled.

They put Hwitaek in the ambulance and they brought me to the police station for my statement.

As I sit there and they ask me questions, I stared at the wall clock staring back at me. It's 11:11ㅡmy wish is for Hwitaek to be just fine.