xi

Sorn
10:19 PM

I made my way to the train station with a faint smile on my lips. I don't know why but I have a feeling that Hwitaek will be fine, that he won't try to die again.

I hope my words were enough.

The train station was empty and the darkness felt eerie. I sat on the waiting shade and stared at the darkness at the end of the train rails. I get creeps so I turned on my phone and listened to some music.

Before I knew it, I have gone to Google and typed, Hwitaek.

But turns out, there are so many Hwitaek in South Korea. I shook my head and closed the tab.

A cold wind blew and I scooted to the corner of the seat, looking around.

What if I die here tonight?

I don't want to waste money in a lodging property. The college dorms are closed by now. I didn't think the train station was a creepy place to be, but I was wrong.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. The mellow voice of the singer filled my ears. I always loved beautiful voices. I don't play any instruments and I don't think my singing is that great, but I love listening to music. Especially songs with meaningful lyrics. I appreciate every single songwriter who write meaningful songs. They actually save people from feeling like they're alone in this world.

When did time pass so quickly?
It seems yesterday
when I turned 20,
I became grown-up
Do others have a hard time
living life like me?

I opened my eyes and saw a figure from a distance approaching towards me. I rubbed my eyelids and adjusted my eyeglasses. The face was a blur but it was a man. He came closer and I saw the thing he was holding in his handㅡa bottle of alcohol. As he continued to approach, his eyes fixed on me, I thought maybe this is it.

This is the man who will end all my misery.

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked him.

He stopped on his tracks, clearly taken aback, and then he grinned. An evil one. "I might spare your life if you're obedient enough."

"Ah..." I said and he extended his hand to touch my shoulder.

"You seem like a good girl. Do you wanna come with me?"

"Where? To hell?"

"No, to heaven." He replied, choking on his own laugh.

"I'm sorry. I'd rather go to hell." I said. "I don't deserve heaven."

I gasped when he suddenly grabbed my arm tightly. "You talk too much. You want hell? Then, I'll give you hell. Come on!" He yanked me up and dragged me through the binary. I tried to fight but he's a big man and he's just as strong as he seemed to be. I thought, God, so I realized this is not how I want to die. I'd rather get hit by a falling meteor. I've never kissed anyone in my entire life and I don't want this creep to be the first.

"Let me go!" I yelled. Maybe someone's still out there to help me.

He smirked. "So, you're not so brave after all huh?" He slammed me against the wall that I could almost feel my back bones break. He pressed my hands on the wall tightly that they hurt against the rough texture of the wall. He inched his face closer to mine and I grimaced at the strong reek of alcohol. "You'll regret this for the rest of your life! I swear! I'm a bad kisser, you asshole! Hmppp—" I squirmed when he inched closer, I closed my eyes.

I want to die.

"Just... kill me!"

But then I heard someone else approaching and I thought, God is real. He's coming to my rescue. I will repent on all my sins and I swear I'm going to live until I die of old age or some kind of severe illness.