Part 30

When it was about dinner time, Newt came. He had two plates in his hands.

"Hello, love," he said as he entered the room.

"Hi," I said and smiled.

He sat down on the bed next to me and before he started eating he gave me a quick kiss.

We ate our dinner talking and laughing. It was a great evening.

"Elle," he said excitedly, "I've got some good news to tell you, you'll..."

He couldn't finish his sentence because Minho ran into the room all sweaty and stressed. I guessed he had just come back from the Maze. It was a little bit later than other days. Weird...

"Newt, s-something happened. We need to have a Gathering. Now!" he said.

"What bloody happened? Are you alright?" Newt asked concerned.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just, just come. I'm going to tell you everything."

"Ugh... Okay, I'm coming. I'm just gonna carry these plates back to the kitchen."

He stood up and took my empty plate.

"Okay, but hurry. We're waiting for you," Minho said and left.

Then Newt looked at me and smiled. Even though he was smiling I could see the worry behind his eyes.

"I'm going to be back, love," he said giving me a kiss.

As he was leaning back I pulled him into a tight hug and we stayed like that for a moment.

"See you later, darling," he said and left the room.

Newt

At first, I left the plates in the kitchen and then headed to the place where we usually had Gatherings.

Everyone was already there.

Just as I took my seat, Minho started talking.

"So there are two things we need to discuss today. First thing is what most of you already know. It's the note that we found today in the girl's stuff," he said.

Some Keepers erupted in murmurs and whispers.

"Shut your holes," Minho yelled, "I haven't finished."

As everyone became silent he continued.  "And the second thing that we are going to discuss is the thing that I ran into in the Maze."

Then Alby talked, "at first, we are going to talk about that note. So basically Joanna found a not in her stuff that creators had sent up with her. At first, we thought it's nothing special but then..."

"Can you just tell us what was on that shuck note?" Winston said. He looked angry. Maybe dude had had a bad day.

"I'm getting there. We..."

"Just say it," now it was Frypan who interrupted Alby.

"Ugh, okay... So there was written She is the last one ever. I think it means that we aren't going to get any supplies anymore and..."

"How could you possibly think that this ain't bloody important?" Now I interrupted Alby.

"Geez, Y'all shuck-faces. Can I finish my sentence at least once?" Alby looked angry.

There was a moment of silence.

"Can I talk now?" He sad and gave everyone a cold stare.

No one answered.

"I guess that means yes," Alby said and when no one answered again he continued,"So I and Minho calculated the time how long we can last without supplies from the creators. And what we can say for sure is that it's not going to be long 'till we don't have any food left. Maybe we could last for two weeks but definitely no longer."

"What are we going to do? I don't want to die in this shucked place," Zart said.

"I'm getting there..." Alby said,"so as you all already know we haven't got any progress in mapping the Maze since we discovered that the Maze pattern repeats every few weeks. Runners had explored every single place of the Maze and haven't found any sign of an exit or any clue of where an exit could be. But today Minho ran into a Griever."

A Griever? It explains the stressed out Minho.

My head was full of different questions but I didn't dare to interrupt Alby again.

Every Keeper had the same shocked expression as I did but no one said a thing.

"A dead Griever," Minho added,"Well at least it seemed dead."

"So I and Minho decided that we are going to check that Griever tomorrow. Maybe we can find something that's going to help us get out," Alby said.

There was a silence again.

"The thing we are supposed to do now is that we need to keep this a secret. Well... At least for now until we figure something out," Alby said again, "so no one panics and tries to do something by himself. We don't need any more dead guys. We've already lost 2 this month and that's more than enough."

Most of the Keepers nodded.

"Okay, so I guess this Gathering is over," Alby said and stood up.

Everyone else also stood up after Alby did.

Not saying another word everyone left.

I was shocked by all the information that I had just got to know. And I was also worried. But I wasn't worried about myself. I was worried about Elle. I had barely talked Clint into letting Elle go for a walk with me tomorrow. She was still weak and I didn't know if she would be able to run or walk through the Maze to find the exit if we needed to.

I headed straight to Elle's room. I found her there sitting and talking with Chuck. They were laughing about a joke, I guess, and when I entered they started laughing even harder.

"What's wrong with you guys?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

They didn't answer. Just continued laughing.

"I think I'll go now," Chuck said after they had stopped laughing and headed to the door.

"See you two later," he said and left.

"Bye, Chuck," Elle said smiling widely.

I sat on the edge of her bed.

"What were you two laughing at?" I asked again.

"Nothing," she said and bit her lip trying to stop smiling. She blushed a little bit and looked another direction. It was probably the cutest thing that I had ever seen her do.

We spent the rest of the evening together. We talked, laughed, kissed and cuddled.

Then she fell asleep and soon after, so did I.

Hey, guys! A new part again. Hope you liked it. What you think will happen next? Or maybe you have any ideas or suggestions. Write them down in comments. I would love to hear them

Love you! Bye!