Part 29

I was in a very good mood but also very tired so I slowly drifted into a peaceful sleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

Next morning I woke up and saw Newt standing in front of me with a plate in his hands. He had brought me breakfast.

"You're awake. Great!" he said. I wondered if I had heard sarcasm in his voice. 

"Here's your breakfast," he said, handed me the plate and turned to walk away.

"Hey, Newt," I said as he was going to leave the room.

"What?" he said quite angry and turned his head sharply to look at me.

"Where are you going? Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Ugh," he groaned and turned to walk away again.

"Newt, don't turn your back on me! Talk to me!" I said calmly.

"I JUST..." he started to yell but then stopped himself.

"Nothing," he said again, "I'm sorry. I'm just having a really bad morning."

"What happened?" I asked concerned.

"Nothing," he said and scratched the back of his neck, "I'm just pretty stressed out lately. Everything that had happened to you and, and yeah..."

He was definitely not telling me something.

"But I'm okay now," I said.

"Yes, you are but I'll still have to keep an eye on you."

"What do you mean?"

"Well... we banished only John because he was basically the guy who was organizing all this stuff and his sidekicks were just following him so they got to spend two weeks in the Slammers eating only bread and drinking only water. But that wasn't my decision. We had a gathering."

"Don't you think they'll try to do something after they get out?"

"I don't think so. They are these types of guys who follow. They never make decisions themselves."

Then there was a moment of silence between us. After a moment of staring at each other, he turned to walk away.

"No, wait," I quickly said and then blushed a little bit, "can you stay with me a little bit longer?"

"Okay, Elle," he said and sighed.

Then we spent the morning together laughing and talking. I wasn't very hungry so we ate my breakfast together. After maybe about 2 hours, he stood up.

"Okay, so I think imma go now. Gotta do some work," he said.

"You really need to go?" I sad in a sad voice.

"Yes, I do," he said and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

But when he was standing back up he stopped. He stopped in the midway. His face was right in front of mine. There was a moment of silence. I was looking into his eyes and he was looking into mine. Then suddenly, at the same moment, we both leaned in and kissed. This kiss meant more than any kiss before. It meant I missed you and I'm never going to leave you. It meant I love you.

I buried my hands in his hair and he carefully pulled me up resting his hands on my back. Then he started slowly stroking my back. That sent chills throughout my body. I had missed him so much.

I don't know for how long we had been kissing but then suddenly Joanna came into the room.

"Oh ma God," she said and went away as fast as she had entered. 

I and Newt started laughing.

"I think I need to go now," Newt said as he stood up.

His hair was all messy now and he looked cute.

He gave me a quick kiss on my lips and I smiled.

"See you later, darling," he said and opened the door to leave the room.

"Oh, Joanna," he said shocked, "I thought you left."

I was a little bit shocked too. She was just standing in the doorway grinning.

"Bitch, you though," she said to him but then turned and looked at me, "can I come in now?"

"Yeah, sure," I said and smiled.

"Bye," Newt said and then left.

Just as Joanna closed the door she ran up to me.

"OMG. Tell me all about it," she said excited," oh, no, actually don't tell everything. It's probably disgusting."

She let out a laugh.

"How, how did this all happen?" she gesticulated a lot. She was definitely excited.

I told her what had happened this morning.

"Oh, girl... That's amazing!" she said happily.

"Okay, but anyway," I couldn't hold myself from smiling. I felt so happy. "How was your evening? Was everything okay?"

"Yes, well Alby gave me a quick tour and then Chuck showed me to the place where I slept tonight. You know... I had hoped for a more comfortable place to sleep but it was still better than sleeping in the Slammers. You call them like that, right? I heard others call it like that."

"Yes, we call 'em Slammers," I said and then paused, "so I guess your evening was okay."

"It was actually great. Minho caught up with me once and we talked a little bit. To be honest, I love his humor, his sarcasm is great."

"Yeah... He's a fun guy," I said still smiling.

Everything was good again. Well, except that we are trapped inside a Maze. I and Newt are back together, I finally have a really good friend (I don't want to say that the boys were bad but like a girl understands me a whole lot better), and the bad guys can't hurt me anymore so I'm safe. Well... At least for now.

We talked a little bit more but then Alby came and said that Joanna has to go and try out the jobs so she left.

I was bored. I had already read the book and I didn't really have any inspiration to draw. So I just sat in my bed not really doing anything and hoping that sometime soon someone will come and talk with me.

When it was about lunchtime Jeff brought me some food. After that accident with Clint, Clint hardly ever visited me. It was just too weird. I talked with Jeff about some random stuff. I really didn't want him to leave. Sitting in that room alone was really going to drive me crazy.

I found out that Jeff was actually a really nice person and it was actually really nice to talk to him.

But anyway, he didn't stay with me for a long time because he had to work. 

So soon after, he left leaving me alone again.

Hey guys. Sorry for not posting for a while. I had no inspiration at all but I hope you liked this part. Love yall. Bye.