Part 24

Newt

I walked out of Elle's room and headed to the Frypan. As I was getting dinner for me and Elle, I and Frypan chatted a little bit. He was a very nice person.

Today for the dinner was lasagna. Frypan made lasagna very rarely so it was a special day. I guess he was in a really good mood and so was I.

I went back to Elle's room with both plates in my hands. As I reached her room, the door was slightly open. It was weird because I had closed it when I went away.

Is slowly opened the door and what I saw completely shocked me. Elle was kissing with Clint.

"What the bloody hell?" I said, almost yelled. It was all I could say at the moment.

I dropped both plates from the shock. Anger rose inside of me. I felt tears form in my eyes but I held them back and then I felt stupid about it. How could I think that Elle likes me? Or likes ONLY me?

Elle quickly pulled away from Clint and looked at him. She looked as confused as I felt right now. Maybe she was waiting for him to say something. I guess she wasn't expecting me to come back that soon.

"No, no, no," she said and turned to look at me. "It's not what it looks like. No, no, no."

I couldn't take this anymore and I just wanted to be alone. I felt so miserable right now.

I walked out of the room.

"Newt," Elle yelled but I didn't want to stop.

Suddenly sadness that I felt turned into even bigger anger. I was angry at her. So, I stopped.

Even though I didn't look at her I could hear her sobs and I understood that she was crying.

"Newt, I'm sorry," she said, "I didn't know it wasn't you. It was dark and I just..."

I couldn't take this bloody bullshit anymore. I couldn't happen accidentally like she was trying to tell me. It definitely was on purpose. How the hell can you kiss someone not knowing who it is?

I turned to look at her. Yeah, she was definitely crying. For a moment I felt sorry for her and I didn't want her to cry but then I pushed the thought away.

"Yeah sure," I said sarcastically, " hope you two have a great time. You two would make a great couple."

I really didn't mean it.

I turned to walk away.

"Newt, it wasn't like that. Newt, I l..." she said but I cut her off because I just couldn't take her lies.

"Shut up, Elle! Just shut up! I don't bloody care!" I yelled at her and walked away.

She didn't follow me and it was a good thing. I finally was alone.

Even though I still felt very sad, the angriness was way bigger. How could I be so naive?

I spent the rest of the evening in my room thinking about everything that had happened. And even more I thought of Elle and every good or funny moment that we had had together it made me even sader.

_______________________________________________

Next morning I woke up really tired. It felt like I hadn't slept in weeks.

I got out of my bed, dressed and headed to Frypan.

After I had eaten, I spent the rest of the day working at the gardens. I skipped lunch.

After work, I ate dinner and returned to my room. The day was like a blur to me.

Minho, Frypan, Chuck and some other boys had tried to start a conversation with me but I just ignored them. I felt too empty to talk to anyone.

Elle

I laid on the ground staring at the sky through the branches. The sky was so blue and I couldn't see any clouds. I wondered if it ever rained here. I guess not.

I had laid there for an unknown amount of time thinking of some random things and completely forgetting about Newt.

As I stood up, I saw everyone working. No one really cared that I wasn't working because I was still in a recovering process.

I slowly stood up and decided to go to the showers and wash off all the blood. From the corner of my eye, I saw Newt working in the gardens. I turned to look in his direction. I really wanted to hug him, to kiss him, just to talk to him. I took a step toward him but then suddenly remembered. I remembered that I had kissed Clint and fucked everything up with Newt.

I took a step back and went to the showers. After I had washed, I went to my room. I fell on my bed and thought about Newt. I wanted to fix all of this but I didn't know how to do it.

When it was lunchtime Chuck came into the room.

"Hey, Elle, are you...?" he started to say happily but then stopped himself and continued less enthusiastically, "Geez, Elle, what happened to you?"

"What do you mean, what happened?" I asked him confused.

"Have you sen yourself? Why is your lip swollen and one side of your face is super red?"

I could tell he was very worried.

"Wait! Where's Newt? Isn't he supposed to protect you?" he asked.

Sadness flashed over my face once again.

"He didn't do this to you, did he?" he asked again.

He looked even more worried right now. I felt bad for him.

"Oh... no, no, everything is okay. He did nothing. I just um..." I said but then stopped for a moment. 

I didn't want Chuck to worry about Mason's friends and what can they do to me so I tried to think of a lie that I could tell him.

"I just slipped and fell on my face. In umm... the showers. Yeah, I slipped and fell in the showers," I said.

I could see that he didn't believe me but he remained quiet about it.

"Ummm... okay," he said. "Are you coming to lunch?"

I suddenly felt very hungry after he had mentioned lunch so I quickly agreed.

We went out of my room and headed to the Frypan. I tried to avoid as many people as possible because I didn't want anyone to see my beaten face.

While I and Chuck ate, Newt was nowhere to be seen. I think, he decided to skip lunch today and that was a good thing because I wasn't ready to meet him anyway. Chuck was a lot quieter than usual so we almost didn't talk at all.

After lunch, Chuck returned to work but I returned to my room. I spent the rest of the evening either reading or just thinking. I was very tired and fell asleep very quickly. I think it was even before dinner.

Hey, guys!

At first, I wanted to thank you all for 1k reads. It's just sooo amazing. I'm glad that someone actually likes my story. haha

And yeah... I finally posted. Hope you liked this part. If you have any suggestions or ideas you can write them down in comments. I would love to hear them. 

Have a nice day. Love you! Bye