Part 22

I woke up from Newt screaming. I looked at him and saw a terrified look on his face. He was all sweaty and his fingers had created fists. There were tears in his eyes.

I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Newt, a-are you o-okay?" I asked and looked at him. I was very worried about him so my voice was quite shaky.

He just kept staring at the wall in front of us.

"I, I'm. I just need to get some fresh air," he said and stood up to leave.

"Newt..." I started to say but he cut me off.

"I'll be right back," he said and left.

What had happened? I wondered in my mind. Was that some kind of nightmare? 

I stayed sitting in my bed looking at the door where he had walked through. I was very confused.

After about 15 minutes, he came back and laid down next to me. He stared at the ceiling. He hadn't even looked at me once since he had woke up. It was weird.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked looking at him.

"No," he said and looked at me for the first time.

He wrapped his arm around and me pulled me closer.

"It's okay, sweetheart. I'm sorry that I woke you up. Try to sleep now."

He smiled at me but I could see that it was a smile full of sadness. He gave me a kiss on my forehead and looked back at the ceiling.

Even though I was very worried about him the sleep was winning me over. I put my hand on his chest and laid my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes and soon after, I fell asleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

Next morning I woke up to find out that Newt wasn't in the room anymore. I looked around the room and then looked through the window. It was breakfast time. Only then I noticed a plate of bacon and eggs and some salad standing on my nightstand. There was also a note from Newt.

'Good morning, love. Sorry, but I had to leave earlier today. I brought you breakfast. Hope you enjoy it. Newt :)'

I smiled at the note but sadness about Newt not being here still filled me. I felt lonely. 

I took the plate and ate my breakfast.

Just as I finished eating, Jeff came into the room. 

"Oh, I see you've woken up. Well, today's the big day. You'll finally be allowed to walk around a little bit," he said with a smile.

"Oh, hell yeah," I said and jumped out of the bed.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait," he said fastly," not so quick, young lady. At first, we'll need to check your wound and put a fresh bandage if needed."

I sighed and sat back down. 

"How long is it going to take?" I asked crossing my arms.

"It won't take long," he said and took a step forward," now, please sit up straight and lift your shirt a little bit so I can see your stomach.

I did as he said. He unbandaged me and then touched random spots around my wound. It looked almost completely healed. I wasn't really sure what he was doing but he looked like he knew so I remained quiet. Then he bandaged me again but with a new bandage.

"So..." he said and then made a dramatic pause.

"So?" I asked really concerned. 

"Your wound has almost completely healed but there is still a very little possibility of it opening up. I think you..."