Part 5

As we walked out of the shower everyone was watching us. At first, I didn' t understand why but then I remembered that we both just came out of the shower completely wet. Some boys whistled and some of them said things like-

"Uuuu... someone took a shower together."

"Ohh... Newt take it easy with the greenbean."

I blushed really hard. I looked at Newt and saw that he was blushing too. We silently walked to his room trying to be as fast as possible.

He had his own room in Homestead because he is second in command here but it still wasn't anything special. The room was quite small and had only a bed, a closet and a night table in it. I guess he wasn't expecting any guests lately because his room was really messy. He had clothes all over the floor and his bed sheets were almost on the floor as well. There was only a little corner of sheets still on the bed.

"You have a really clean room though," I joked.

"Yeah..." was all he answered. We didn't talk while he was trying to find some clean clothes in his closet. After few moments he gave me some big pants and a large t-shirt.

"I think this will work." He said.

I asked him to turn around and when he did, I quickly changed into my new clothes. They smelled like orange and sweat. I guess that's how Newt smells. And it wasn't that bad actually. 

"You can now look," I said as I was dressed. When he looked at me he let out a laugh.

"What's so funny?" I asked him even though I knew what was funny.  His clothes were obviously too big for me. I tried to look serious when I said that.

"They are just little bit too big for you." He said and laughed again. He had an adorable laugh.

"Yeah," I said, "just little bit."

Now we both laughed. Then he handed me a belt.

"Maybe this will make it better."

I put the belt on and now my pants at least weren't falling down. I rolled up the ends and it almost looked normal.

"Thanks," I said and after a moment of just staring at each other, I continued. "I guess I need to go. See you later."

After that, I went out of his room and headed to the spot where Chuck had said I'll sleep tonight. I laid down on my hammock and closed my eyes. I suddenly felt really tired so I fell asleep. 

_______________________________________________________________________________The next morning I woke up from someone mildly shaking me and whispering my name. As I oppened my eyes, I saw Newt standing in front of me. I moaned and turned to the other side pulling the big shirt over my face so I won't see the sunlight shining in my eyes. 

"Just give me 5 more minutes," I said.

"Oh, honey, we don't have 5 more minutes. We need to get breakfast before you start working," he said calmly. 

"I can take a day off today, please, let me sleep."

He laughed a little bit. "You can't take a day off from the job you haven't even started working at."

"I can do everything."

He laughed again. "Well, we'll see about that." 

I groaned and rolled out of my hammock. 

"So, what job will I do today?"

"Your first job here will be a track-hoe."

"Track-hoe?"