Part 28

I tried to sit up but couldn't so I just stayed on the ground.

Soon after, Newt bursted in the room with both, Clint and Jeff.

"Elle, why did you do that?" Clint asked.

I couldn't answer this question because I really had no idea why I did that. It was very spontaneous.

"What hurts the most?" now it was Jeff who asked.

It was a hard question because everything hurt but I think there was one place that felt especially weird and hurt.

"M-my arm," I said through gritted teeth and tried to lift my arm.

"DON'T DO THAT!" Jeff yelled at me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell, just don't do it, please."

Then Clint and Jeff checked my arm pressing some random spots and asking me questions.

After an unknown amount of time (not really long) Clint told me that my arm might be broken but it's not something very serious. They did something to my arm (I'm not really sure what they did but I trusted them) and then put it in a sling.

"You're actually lucky if I can say so because you don't have any very serious injury's from the fight," Clint said, "but you'll have to spend some more days here."

I nodded in response.

They had given me some pain relieving medicine so it didn't hurt that much anymore. They had also changed all the bandages and taken care of other bruises.

Newt had sat in the corner all that time. He was either staring at the ground or looking at me.

"I think we'll go now," Jeff said, "Newt, look after her but you, Elle, don't do anything stupid. It wound be a whole lot better if you stayed in the bed."

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm gonna be okay," I said and they left leaving me and Newt alone.

At first, we just stared at each other not saying a word.

I was very curious about what was going on in his mind but at the same moment, I couldn't understand what was going on in my mind. I wanted to be with him but at the same moment, I was afraid of him. The dream had felt very real and it terrified me. It's probably the worst thing that can happen. When only people you know, love and truly trust try to kill you.

After about ten minutes of silence and a lot of thinking, Newt stood up and walked closer to my bed. Then he sat down on the edge of my bad staring at me.

"Elle, I was," he said and then took a deep breath, "I really thought I've lost you this time. I don't know what would I do if I lost you. You, you mean the world to me and I think I can't..."

I leaned in and kissed him cutting him off. At first, he was confused but then he kissed back. While we kissed I forgot about everything and everyone. There was only me and Newt. I had missed him so much. 

Soon after, he pulled back.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Elle, I can't do this just like that."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't be this chill and be with you before I'm sure you're safe. Before I'm sure that the person who had done this to you is punished and..."

"I don't know the guy's name," I cut him off, "I think that he was one of Mason's friends. That, that was the guy who punched me in the stomach the other day. ...and his group of friends. Didn't the girl who saved me tell you that already?"